Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Jump in and join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Picking the correct Zenmuse camera for mapping with the 210

Hi all,

Just wanted to throw this question out there and get feedback on what the best camera platform for mapping is. Our department is purchasing a Matrice 210 and I am trying to decide between the Zenmuse x4s and x5s cameras. I have read that there can be some problems arise when using a camera with a rolling shutter (x5s) as compared to the mechanical shutter (x4s). We use Pix4D mapper to process the images that we capture, and I read an article from 2016 that stated there was a function within the software that corrected for the rolling shutter. We want to make sure that we purchase the best camera platform that will allow us to produce the best imagery possible. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, we run a M210RTK for mapping when it call for it and we use a x4s with excellent results.
Can you post some images please mate as would like to see, we also have the 210rtk but have no idea on the mapping yet, have a guy on a course next month. Thanks in advance!

Hi, we run a M210RTK for mapping when it call for it and we use a x4s with excellent results.
I see that the x4s is regarded as the better option for mapping when compared to the x5s, but I keep finding that the x4s has been discontinued. This is not good news if they do not have a substitute in line that can be flown on the Matrice 210 and still get quality images without distortion and focus problems like I have read about with the x5s.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Gaz