Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot reports drone fly-by on Minneapolis airport approach - KMSP-TV

Wow I didnt realize that they tested with frozen birds! thats got to do way more damage than a Phantom.
I have done may interviews for the local papers and local TV trying to promote proper Quad copter use. I grew up on a lake with many pilot friends and cant understand why anyone would mess around with a drone at an airport.
I know the "drone" lable is here to stay but to compare a Quad copter to a "drone" (most people think military one) is like comparing a "chickadee to a wood chipper". I do agree that all of these silly "near miss" events will lead to some knee jerk laws. Thank goodness the quad copter market is huge.

There are tons of old jet fighter planes in the desert. Th ey should b ed able to get an engine somehow.
They might be even warching this very conversation as they are Inspire1 endorsers.

So what about it buster guys? Bust this like nothing has ever been busted before.

Reactions: damoncooper
There are tons of old jet fighter planes in the desert. Th ey should b ed able to get an engine somehow.
They might be even warching this very conversation as they are Inspire1 endorsers.

So what about it buster guys? Bust this like nothing has ever been busted before.
Obviously I had a good time yesterday, while typing this on a small smart phone without my reading glasses on.

I would like to see that ugly Walkera Voyager get sucked into a (stationary) RR or GE jet engine. After all, that would be the more likely bird to fly in a no fly zone or at flight level.. Given all the DJI imposed limitations we have.

And it must be really funny to watch.

the most damaging part of a Phantom or Inspire will be the battery,,if the battery doesn't stop it then I highly doubt the quad it self will

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop