Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Possibility of Flyaway

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received my Inspire today, Im really happy. I did couple research threads that people got issues of flyaway. I really want to put her up in the air but what is the chances of flyaway? will DJI replace me a new one if I got a proof?

P.S new firmware update, all compass & IMU calibration. I just want to make sure before I fly this beast without worry of her leaving me

LG G3

congradulations, be ready to fly in atti mode should you lose gps in the first few minutes.

I have had 2 fly aways first I got back under control the second a tree ended its flight.

Before you fly do all the pre-flight calibrations make sure you see GPS safe to Fly. Lift off and hover at around 1m and do control checks spend at least 2 minutes doing this.

Tomorrow will be the maiden flight for my second Inspire 1 (replacement for the fly away victim) I will be doing the above for every flight from now on.

Reactions: sirnikolas
thanks for all great input. I will make sure all everything before do my maiden flight

LG G3

Mine is on its way. Once it gets here I plan on the following to make sure all is running right. So here are my suggestions.

#1. Install a redundant tracking system.

#2. Make sure to load a DVR aka Shou App on your tablet to record any communication/information anomalies between craft and remote.

#3. I would do an external recording ie. iPhone/DSLR of the first few flight for records.

#4. Create your own pre and post-flight checklist. There are some great ones online but you may want to add some of your own.

#5. Lastly, baby steps. I would do the simulator to figure out which Mode and personal setting needed before actual flight. It would take me possibly a week before actual flight is done in a controlled environment.

I am sure other would like to chime in but this is what I would recommend.

Oh another thing. Balance those props.

Last edited:
Mine is on its way. Once it gets here I plan on the following to make sure all is running right. So here are my suggestions.

#1. Install a redundant tracking system.

#2. Make sure to load a DVR aka Shou App on your tablet to record any communication/information anomalies between craft and remote.

#3. I would do an external recording ie. iPhone/DSLR of the first few flight for records.

#4. Create your own pre and post-flight checklist. There are some great ones online but you may want to add some of your own.

#5. Lastly, baby steps. I would do the simulator to figure out which Mode and personal setting needed before actual flight. It would take me possibly a week before actual flight is done in a controlled environment.

I am sure other would like to chime in but this is what I would recommend.

Oh another thing. Balance those props.

Balancing of the Inspire props is not necessary. Only the Phantom 1 was that needed.

Hi all,

I'm researching the inspire 1 and I'm reading these posts regarding fly away issues. If the bird takes off, can you put in a manual mode and fly it yourself ?

I took mine out of the case, charged it, flew it, and repeated that a bunch of times. It did not fly anywhere that I didn't ask it to go. I did, however, attach a Marco Polo tracker, just in case. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have had sixty something flights and mine as never just flown away. I get the compass error a lot but after a few minutes it settles and goes away. This just forces you to go into atti mode which is not much of a fly away situation as much as it is a loss of gps help. Any wind or momentum will send your quad flying but it can always be stopped and brought back. Usually the errors we have seen are more with return to home sending it in a weird direction or low and fast. These are being tested for the next firmware update as we speak.

Reactions: johnmont250
Yea my unit seems pretty solid so I just give er, sometimes I have to switch to atti but it's no dire situation. Most annoying thing is when my signal gets lost, which happens a touch more often than I'd like... Also the bird sketches out if I take off and accelerate too fast at first, but I never worry about it flying away or falling out of the sky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop