Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem updating Inspire through the iOS App

Reaction score
I've updated the firmware twice now. Both times, I've had to do it with the Remote and iOS App switched off. If they are both on, then when I turn the aircraft on I get a message about the firmware being out of date, but no option to proceed with the install. The aircraft then sits there beeping (waiting for permission to update, rather than updating) until it times out.

Do others share my experience, or am I doing something wrong / differently?

Had a similar issue this morning. Inspire was beeping for 20 minutes but update was not working. On second try, everything worked fine. Here is what I did and it may work for you.

1- I turned everything off
2- launched the Pilot app and started by updating It, then turned off again.
3- turn on remote, ipad and launched pilot app and clicked on camera icon
4- turned on Inspire and the update request appeared on screen
5- clicked on 'yes' and the process started. It took about 5-8 minutes to complete.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

I upgraded my iOS App for my iPad mini retina. I then transferred the .bin file to the SD card and did the upgrade. I was asked to approve the update and it proceeded successfully. I have had prior upgrades fail and had to turn the Tx and App off to get it to precede. It seems to change with each upgrade.

I've updated the firmware twice now. Both times, I've had to do it with the Remote and iOS App switched off. If they are both on, then when I turn the aircraft on I get a message about the firmware being out of date, but no option to proceed with the install. The aircraft then sits there beeping (waiting for permission to update, rather than updating) until it times out.

Do others share my experience, or am I doing something wrong / differently?

Same thing happened to me during my update. Then on the fourth or fifth try, I believe, it finally started to update and finished.

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling to v 0.9.2.

Try re-formatting the card and re-loading the firmware v .16 with the controller turned off.

I've no problem actually performing the update - but it only ever works if the the controller is off and I leave the Inspire to its own devices.
If the controller is on, I get the annoying message about firmware being out of date...then nothing (i've never seen the "permission to update" request).
I do have the latest iOS app version 0.9.2.
It's just a minor annoyance - it would be nice to be able to do it the way DJI recommends, and be kept informed of progress during the update.

Last edited:
the only way i was able to do the new download was having the remote unit OFF and just turning on the IS1 and it downloaded the firmware. After a few min (about 8min) i turned ON the remote and app and it came up as firmware complete and unit will restart.

Last edited:
I was told to keep the radio and pilot app OFF. Thats what the instructions said to do . worked on the first try. Upgraded the radio and pilot app on separate operations. All worked on the first try. Learn the beeps during the upgrade. D-DD means its finished the upgrade process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth