Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem with GoProfessional Case - Inspire 1 Landing Mode Case

Reaction score
To the guys with a GPC Landing mode case, does your bird sit on its feet in the case? Or does it rest on the arm support?

Also take note of how the rear arms don't really fit in the opening, it's like the arms need to have a wider stance or the foam for the legs are too far apart. I can manipulate the bird down the slots, but was expecting a better fit.

I have a Pro Version, and I wonder when in landing mode if the legs are closer. I tried moving the legs to travel mode an...d back to landing mode and its the same.

The insides of my motor housings measure 13.5" apart, and the case slots measure 13.75" apart.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just got off the phone with Rick from GPC. He explained that the new X5 cases will have a better fit, and there will be a notch cut out for the hinges that the Inspire was resting on.

I posted this same info on the GPC facebook page, and the first thing Rick from GPC said to me on the phone was "thanks for the negative review". I just looked at their facebook page and my comment was deleted. So I guess they don't like any negative reviews.

Excuse me if I wanted my almost $500 case to fit my Inspire.

Mine rests on the arms not on the feet in my GPC case. As mentioned by the OP the arms rub on the foam such that the bird has to be pushed in place. If a notch is cut out in the foam where the bird rests on the foam so that the feet touch the bottom before the arms does, this will mean that the camera padding will also have to be changed.
I am concerned about how the inspire 1 with a X5 camera will fit into this GPC landing mode case. How this case will work with the extended feet that are necessary when using the X5 is something else I would like to know.

Ooops bad customer service.

How much better would it have been if "yes our mistake- new one in the post ,no hard feelings"

Some people do not get it. Sure loss of a bit of cash for GPC but a long term GPC fan and a demonstration that you will be in safe hands. Maybe GPC have been hanging out with DJI too long!!

Oh well.

Reactions: The Editor
Doh! It's the same in mine and I never noticed. With time, it appears the constant pressure has created a little dimple in the arm area foam on each side. The front feet now appear to hit paydirt. Despite this flaw, I don't think the bird has suffered any damage from what I would characterize as an extremely aggressive storage environment. I think I'll modify the foam anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

b5bb7b64bf8270b18ecffcb35fc19c2d.jpg

Mine rests on the arms not on the feet in my GPC case. As mentioned by the OP the arms rub on the foam such that the bird has to be pushed in place. If a notch is cut out in the foam where the bird rests on the foam so that the feet touch the bottom before the arms does, this will mean that the camera padding will also have to be changed.
I am concerned about how the inspire 1 with a X5 camera will fit into this GPC landing mode case. How this case will work with the extended feet that are necessary when using the X5 is something else I would like to know.

The X5 will not fit in this case, GPC has one in production now for the X5, but also says it will provide the same protection to the X3.

Doh! It's the same in mine and I never noticed. With time, it appears the constant pressure has created a little dimple in the arm area foam on each side. The front feet now appear to hit paydirt. Despite this flaw, I don't think the bird has suffered any damage from what I would characterize as an extremely aggressive storage environment. I think I'll modify the foam anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

b5bb7b64bf8270b18ecffcb35fc19c2d.jpg

You're not worried about all the bouncing around? I'm too CHICKEN to put my Inspire on my UTV!!
20150811_113122_FD2_1519.jpg

To the guys with a GPC Landing mode case, does your bird sit on its feet in the case? Or does it rest on the arm support?

Also take note of how the rear arms don't really fit in the opening, it's like the arms need to have a wider stance or the foam for the legs are too far apart. I can manipulate the bird down the slots, but was expecting a better fit.

I have a Pro Version, and I wonder when in landing mode if the legs are closer. I tried moving the legs to travel mode an...d back to landing mode and its the same.

The insides of my motor housings measure 13.5" apart, and the case slots measure 13.75" apart.

I had actually considered this case. You just made me glad I didn't go for it.
Sorry for your trouble with it.

Even the travel mode case has this issue. Take a look at this video at 11:10 and you can see one side of the motors get hung up on the foam

I bought the GPC case and sent it back. It was clearly not for the Inspire 1 Pro. Nothing fit right including the camera case. After paying almost $500.00 I don't believe in having to make modifications. I have since been in contact with Drone Crates since my P3P case from them is phenomenal. They said they should have a I1 Pro case done before Thanksgiving.

Now that I've seen your post about their terrible customer service, I'm glad I sent the case back and will be certain to never order anything made by them in the future.

Reactions: Fdnyfish
I have the newest version of the GoProfessional X5 Landing Mode case, and find that the fit is quite good. A couple observations:

• Fully loaded with 7 batteries, 1 controller, misc including a small still camera, the case is on the top-heavy side when walking with it on rollers. It doesn't take a lot -- ie rolling it over a door threshhold -- for it to want to flip over on it's top side. I think if they had found a way to make the battery wells much deeper, this could have been solved
  • the lid for the case is large and doesnt have much in the way of molded-in ribbing that would give it structural strength. When you consider that the foam in the lid is 3" of soft eggcrate foam, and the bird and batteries protrude up to 1.5" above the case bottom foam, it's a cause for concern. This case is the size of a steamer trunk, and as such in any kind of shipping situation things would always get stacked on top of it.
In the past I've aways sworn by Pelican cases. They've been the strongest I've seen (and have a more positive locking mechanism). I had considered a design for the bird that uses a Pelican case, but none that I've seen offered the convenience of "landing mode". The GoProfessional is not terrible, but there is room for improvement.

Im thinking of getting a custom foam insert manufactured for the Peli im2875 for my Inspire.

It will cost me money, but reckon if I spend the same amount as it will almost cost me to get one shipped from the USA, I might as well get it custom made. Perhaps if there was interest, I could sell the inserts only to fit the Peli cases !!! I also only have one controller so have always thought it a bit of a waste to have a second controller space when the space could be utilised for other gear.

Im thinking of getting a custom foam insert manufactured for the Peli im2875 for my Inspire.

It will cost me money, but reckon if I spend the same amount as it will almost cost me to get one shipped from the USA, I might as well get it custom made. Perhaps if there was interest, I could sell the inserts only to fit the Peli cases !!! I also only have one controller so have always thought it a bit of a waste to have a second controller space when the space could be utilised for other gear.
I wouldn't bother with Peli UK they are worse than useless and have no interest in customer service.
There are a couple of good guys there working in the engineering department but they are hampered by cretins in the sales/marketing areas who are totally clueless and have no interest in answering the phone or emails.
Allegedly, Peli UK have already completed 3D scans of the Inspire to hear up to water jet cut foam form their own cases.
However, that was a year ago and I have little confidence or belief in anything that comes out of their mouths!

I would source your foam inserts elsewhere - you might actually get them! :p

Yes I got a quote from Peli Products at over £600 just for the custom foam design and cutting for the insert. Ridiculous price.

Had some more realistic prices from elsewhere so will see who I go with.

I use the Pelican IM2875 from Aerialmediapros. Great fit and no issues, but it is a travel mode case. Customer service is top notch as well, they are a smaller store based in Southern California and easy to email/call.

Yes it looks good. I got a quote from them also but with shipping to the UK it is cheaper to just get a custom job in the UK. Does the Aerial Media Pros Peli case have the Inspire actually sitting on its legs on the base of the case, or is it raised up off the bottom of the case. I am just worried that the Inspire is in contact with the actually base of the case. The other thing I noticed is that the top of the batteries protrude into the lid eggshell foam, so they have cut bits out of the lid foam. I think these should be sunk further down into the base.

Yes it looks good. I got a quote from them also but with shipping to the UK it is cheaper to just get a custom job in the UK. Does the Aerial Media Pros Peli case have the Inspire actually sitting on its legs on the base of the case, or is it raised up off the bottom of the case. I am just worried that the Inspire is in contact with the actually base of the case. The other thing I noticed is that the top of the batteries protrude into the lid eggshell foam, so they have cut bits out of the lid foam. I think these should be sunk further down into the base.

Mine sits on the bottom with the X5 leg extenders and it's foam on the bottom. You can worry all you want, I've taken my Inspire in this case on over 20+ commercial airline flights as a check-in with no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions