Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop Balancer

Reaction score
Can I ask, do any members use a prop balancer with the stock Inspire 1 props?
Ive started using one as I feel it can only do good to both my quality of flight and less strain on the birds motors.
Thoughts?

Yes...... ALWAYS. I have balanced props/blades for 20 years on all my RC models and the Inspire is treated no differently.
Du-Bro Tru Spin prop balancer is a very good tool.

Always use balanced props. I do add Tesafilm and never lost a stripe.
220px-Tesaabroller.JPG

Put it over the bigger edge of the blade.

how is it possible to balance the props? they have a cap on... can't put them on the balancer axle.

Yes, same here as Editor says, same equipment and technique. I can't say I've seen any difference in performance, but it does offer a little piece of mind, knowing that one less variable has been removed from the mix.

i thought the props were produced balanced... for a 3k bird i'd expect that props come ready to use... but i guess i was wrong... will also have to order a set... i use neodony magnets with an a pin til on both sides but that is for props without a cap like the I1 props have...

i thought the props were produced balanced... for a 3k bird i'd expect that props come ready to use... but i guess i was wrong... will also have to order a set... i use neodony magnets with an a pin til on both sides but that is for props without a cap like the I1 props have...
My CF props for my hex are £25 each but they still need balancing!!!!!! Minor production variations mean that nearly all props need some fine balancing once you get them.

i am aware of that part... i also have a hex and also use cf props. i got mine from rctimer which turned out to be fairly good. although also need some balancing. the props there are "cheap" but of good quality. will be ordering balancer and the rod. lets see if they ship to Hungary :)

thanks for the links. would have not thought about it since all recordings were absolutly flawless... its just a "perfect" rig... designed to perform :D

I also balance my props with a do bro prop balancer and a prop shaft and then I just add a little drop of thinset CA glue on the light side and hit it with some accelerator. It don't take much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44