Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

protecting the MAG

Reaction score
Hi,

I have taken the nosecone off in order to properly clean it after some stickers were put on it, and I have been somewhat suprised to see that the MAG board is realtivly unprotected inside the nosecone,
it looks like it may have a coating on the board, but it doenst cover any on the pin connections etc.

Generally it looks like if any moisture or metalic particulate get inside the nosecone then the I1 will more than likely have problems,

Does anyone have any experience coating the connectors and boards inside here to make them a little more humidity resistant etc?

I was thinking of applying a layer of liquid tape to everything, I have done it on most other boards that end up exposed on other systems.

Hi,

I have taken the nosecone off in order to properly clean it after some stickers were put on it, and I have been somewhat suprised to see that the MAG board is realtivly unprotected inside the nosecone,
it looks like it may have a coating on the board, but it doenst cover any on the pin connections etc.

Generally it looks like if any moisture or metalic particulate get inside the nosecone then the I1 will more than likely have problems,

Does anyone have any experience coating the connectors and boards inside here to make them a little more humidity resistant etc?

I was thinking of applying a layer of liquid tape to everything, I have done it on most other boards that end up exposed on other systems.

With my company, we use conformal coating, and we deal with aircraft electronics so that should do the trick. I forget the exact name but i think this is the stuff;

http://www.electrolube.com/core/components/products/tds/044/DCA.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko