Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Quadrotor safety system

Interesting technology! or just keep your hands/fingers out of the props similar to how you would respect a gas burning range, do not touch the flame you will get burnt.

Probably not at a price point that would protect those in most need, the first time drone owners of entry level devices.

I’ve seen a few accidents mostly facials on the internet and a few hand jobs here and there.
I actually had a friend hand catch once, after clearly showing him how, I was astonished when he just grabbed the phantom. So accidents can happen. I couldn’t believe lt! Luckily I was using stock props, DJI ain’t stupid. Any others props it would have been ugly.

For professional this should be a must have.

No matter how many flight you have under your belt, accidents happen. This looks like a great way to address at least one of the major dangers of our beloved birds. I had a bad landing on a boat last year and my Inspire bit me good and proper! Totally my fault. Having a system like this would’ve saved me a whole lot of pain and embarrassment

Reactions: slim.slamma
No matter how many flight you have under your belt, accidents happen. This looks like a great way to address at least one of the major dangers of our beloved birds. I had a bad landing on a boat last year and my Inspire bit me good and proper! Totally my fault. Having a system like this would’ve saved me a whole lot of pain and embarrassment
Hopefully it can help with lowering insurance premiums in the future.

If one of those bearings becomes the least bit "grabby"... not even failing... your quad crashes. Likewise all the other failure points... optical sensor especially.

Reactions: slim.slamma
If one of those bearings becomes the least bit "grabby"... not even failing... your quad crashes. Likewise all the other failure points... optical sensor especially.

That thought never crossed my mind.

To be fair, DJI did have a FW update that did pretty much the same. If the props hit something that particular motor would stop.

We actually bashed them for it on the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1