Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ran out of media while recording and SSD did not save last take...

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this before? I ran out of media storage on my 500gb SSD while filming and when I got home to check the footage, that entire last 10 minute take was missing. I wonder if there's anyway to recover it? It was some pretty critical footage - best take of the morning.

Hi Michael, Thanks for the response. So, yes I did get a notification that the SSD was full after about 10 minutes of recording the last take. There was some of the footage on the SD card, but curiously not all of it. In my opinion this is a serious oversight by DJI and something easily remedied with a software update. I can't believe noone has come across this before. There's not another single video camera on the market that will drop the last take if you run out of media. I guess I will try to find where to report this to DJI, but it does me no good for the footage that was lost.

We would never roll on one take for so long for fear of file corruption, media full or, worse yet, a crash. Unless absolutely necessary for the edit why have such a long single take?

We would never roll on one take for so long for fear of file corruption, media full or, worse yet, a crash. Unless absolutely necessary for the edit why have such a long single take?

There's many reasons not to stop and start takes while airborne, particularly when operating single pilot - not the least of which is failing to roll when you think you are rolling. Anybody who's done this as long as I have for sure has had this experience - you think you hit the record button but you don't, or you think you've stopped recording but you haven't. Too easy to miss shots this way. There's enough going on flying single pilot that it's best to take that part out of the equation. For this particular flight I was capturing a moving shot down the beach of a rainbow that was in and out of visibility, and we were in and out of rain showers - framing my shot, flying the drone, trying to time the rainbow by stopping/starting recording - that's just not the way to have success in a situation like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry