Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC Firmware update failure

Reaction score
Just setting up my new Inspire and having problems with the RC firmware update. The aircraft updated no problem but the RC update has failed three times. I insert the SD card, turn on the RC and I just get a red light and silence. I waited 10 minutes before aborting.
Any tips?

Just setting up my new Inspire and having problems with the RC firmware update. The aircraft updated no problem but the RC update has failed three times. I insert the SD card, turn on the RC and I just get a red light and silence. I waited 10 minutes before aborting.
Any tips?

If just purchased, it very well may have the latest firmware update. The RC. At this point would not need to be updated. If the aircraft is off, you will get a red light, they have to be binded for green..

My recommendation is to get a freshly formatted memory card, put the *.bin file in the root directory. Get the firmware from the DJI website. Update the I1, and if it's already updated no big deal. You'll see the *.txt file when you pull the card out of the I1 to read on a computer. Take that same memory card and put it back into the camera and connect your RC to the back of the camera. Turn on the I1 let it do it's initializing and then turn on the RC. It should start to update. Good Luck! Remember firmware 1.3 is for the I1, battery and RC..........firmware 1.4 is for the I1 and the battery only.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Any tips?

I received my replacement inspire from DJI. I was scared to update the firmware. The last time I did, I had to send in my I1. Well, thank God going from 1.3 to 1.4 was a breeze (knock on wood) no problems or errors....

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah