Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"RC Signal Lost" after failed firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Hello,

I had my Inspire packed away for five months and just unpacked it last night. I charged all my batteries and the RC. My DJI Pilot app got upgraded to DJI Go by iTunes when I turned on the iPad (thanks, Apple...I guess). Turned on the AC and RC, took it out of travel mode, attached the gimbal...all went well.

Of course, the Go app complained that all the firmware was out of date, which I knew. I turned everything off, downloaded the latest update, put it in the camera and turned on the AC. I did not hear the familiar "beep beep beep beep" of the update but I let it sit for an hour anyway. I turned it off and checked the SD card to find no .txt file with results of any kind. I changed my battery and tried it again. Same result...no upgrade, no nothing.

I upgraded the firmware on the RC the old fashioned way, with a pen drive, and that went just fine. I was able to connect the RC with the AC and see battery life, etc., but it complained "RC Signal Loss" and wouldn't connect to the camera. Trying to reformat the SD card, for instance, was impossible. It also won't let me return to travel mode. Note that it reports, however, the RC signal strength is "good".

I took the RC back to its factory firmware and did a re-upgrade using the downloadable firmware update via the app. Same result. I tried removing the gimbal, changing batteries in the AC again, powering everything down, changing SD cards, etc.

The result is the AC doesn't seem to see the gimbal attached to it and won't begin the firmware update process. Meanwhile the RC (which is happily upgraded) will connect the AC so that I can see its battery status, but it complains "RC Signal Lost" and won't even let me return to travel mode. It's like the AC itself is in some bad state. Is there a reset for it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?

Thank you in advance!

Format the SD card on your PC using the FAT32 file system.
Then put your update bin file onto the card and retry..

The worry is, that there is no txt file being generated which means the camera is not communicating with the AC..
There is a camera update patch file but this would normally only be useful if you were getting a message like....
[00010757]Version checking[1]...
[00010763][01 00] v1.8.2729 -> v1.19.3422 need upgrade

Thank you for that, Aviator. Unfortunately it doesn't load, either.

What really has me perplexed is that without the gimbal attached, I can't even get the RC to put the AC into travel mode. But yet it sees the AC's battery levels okay, it reports on the IMU warming up as the craft boots, etc. So there's some intelligence on the device without the gimbal attached, clearly, but I can't get it talk to the RC properly.

At this point I would drop the gimbal plate off, remove the nose cone and take out the two ribbon cables, check them carefully for any damaged or loose pins.
Also carefully inspect the pins on the gimbal connector for misalignment.
Finally, I would slacken off the two retaining screws on the faceplate of the gimbal connector by just 2 turns, sometimes these screws prevent the pin connections from mating properly as they tend to compress the rubber seal especially if you have a habit of leaving the camera fitted to the AC when not in use.
That is all I can suggest for now... Good luck with it though.

EDIT Make sure the RC is turned OFF when updating the AC.

Last edited:
Hello,

I had my Inspire packed away for five months and just unpacked it last night. I charged all my batteries and the RC. My DJI Pilot app got upgraded to DJI Go by iTunes when I turned on the iPad (thanks, Apple...I guess). Turned on the AC and RC, took it out of travel mode, attached the gimbal...all went well.

Of course, the Go app complained that all the firmware was out of date, which I knew. I turned everything off, downloaded the latest update, put it in the camera and turned on the AC. I did not hear the familiar "beep beep beep beep" of the update but I let it sit for an hour anyway. I turned it off and checked the SD card to find no .txt file with results of any kind. I changed my battery and tried it again. Same result...no upgrade, no nothing.

I upgraded the firmware on the RC the old fashioned way, with a pen drive, and that went just fine. I was able to connect the RC with the AC and see battery life, etc., but it complained "RC Signal Loss" and wouldn't connect to the camera. Trying to reformat the SD card, for instance, was impossible. It also won't let me return to travel mode. Note that it reports, however, the RC signal strength is "good".

I took the RC back to its factory firmware and did a re-upgrade using the downloadable firmware update via the app. Same result. I tried removing the gimbal, changing batteries in the AC again, powering everything down, changing SD cards, etc.

The result is the AC doesn't seem to see the gimbal attached to it and won't begin the firmware update process. Meanwhile the RC (which is happily upgraded) will connect the AC so that I can see its battery status, but it complains "RC Signal Lost" and won't even let me return to travel mode. It's like the AC itself is in some bad state. Is there a reset for it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to try?

Thank you in advance!
hey bro i had the same problem and i was going crazy, but i figured something sometimes when you download those firmwares for some reason sometimes they are corrupted, and it can damage your SD Card, so i tried reformatting it many times and nothing so i used a brand new SD Card, the one that came with the drone, i transferred the firmware on it, put it in the dJI Inspire 1 and pum!! it recognized the **** sd card, and guess what ? it did work now the app allows me to do the normal things, i hope this work for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido