Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recalibrating a lens for x5s in Go 4 app

**** talk about anti climatic mate. Sheesh ok no worries. Aight the settings we went through were for larger lenses, and calibration for those guys. I recommend shoothing video in aperture priority, and you define either 5.6 or 11. Don't go up to 22 because it's way to small aperture and you won't enough light to shoot properly. You see how it goes 22,11,5.6|5.6,11,22? Notice the gaps in between each number and their opposite pair are spaced the same distance apart? This is your focal range, essentially your 'working range'. The numbers correlate directly to the numbers below it as seen in snapshot mode. That's the focal distance. If there's 0.3 below the 11 on the left and a infinity symbol on the right before or at same location as the 11 that means if you set an aperture size of 11 you will be focus for that entire Depth of field / DOF being 0.3m to infinity.

Main thing to remember, you can adjust your focal range, if you for wanted a take a close up l50 cm away in distance away. Turn the focus ring to the right until you reach 0.5m at 5.6 in correlation and what it distances it says up to the other 5.6 is will be in focus. Done, hopefully got it ,once you play around with I you'll pick it up in no time.

Hey J, I was able to find the Calibration section in the Go 4 app with help from Travis at Advexure.com, where I purchased the gear from. I have included the screen shot he provided for others to reference.

Then applied what you shared with me and I am now getting sharp photos and video! :)))

Thank you so much for all your time yesterday in walking me through the steps. I am going to explore them some more. I learned alot from you.

Thanks, Chris

Attachments

• 46F419CF-567B-49CE-82A8-0809F893189A.png
    46F419CF-567B-49CE-82A8-0809F893189A.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
Helpful information here. Thank you. I was a bit confused when doing the lens calibration and am not sure I did it completely right. Will have another look tonight. Do either of you know if you have to do the calibration with every lens every time?

Travis of Advexture.com said that I need to do it once for each lens when I mount it. He also said to experiment with the distance and the object I am focusing on if I am not getting the sharpness that I expect. Anyway I am exploring this.
Best of luck, Chris

Hello -- Travis is correct. The DJI Go App maintains profiles for each lens and once you have completed a calibration it will be stored. We often refer people to this thread on the forum (Final and detailed guide on X5 "lens calibration") when they would like a better understanding of the calibration process on the X5 or X5S as @DrMrdalj has provided a great rundown of the calibration process and what you are doing while DJI's calibration instructions are a bit unclear.

If you have any further questions feel free to leave them here or reach out to us directly.

Mike

Reactions: CP Anson
Hello -- Travis is correct. The DJI Go App maintains profiles for each lens and once you have completed a calibration it will be stored. We often refer people to this thread on the forum (Final and detailed guide on X5 "lens calibration") when they would like a better understanding of the calibration process on the X5 or X5S as @DrMrdalj has provided a great rundown of the calibration process and what you are doing while DJI's calibration instructions are a bit unclear.

If you have any further questions feel free to leave them here or reach out to us directly.

Mike
Mike,

I am doing this process in the article you listed with the Inspire 2 and Go 4 App. When I enter the Calibration Now mode and click okay, I switch to Photo mode. Then I am supposed to be able to hold down the C1 button and move the left wheel then it is supposed to zoom in so I can fine tune the focus (which is necessary for me to verify the focus), but nothing happens. What am I missing?

thanks, Chris

Mike,

I am doing this process in the article you listed with the Inspire 2 and Go 4 App. When I enter the Calibration Now mode and click okay, I switch to Photo mode. Then I am supposed to be able to hold down the C1 button and move the left wheel then it is supposed to zoom in so I can fine tune the focus (which is necessary for me to verify the focus), but nothing happens. What am I missing?

thanks, Chris

Hey Chris,

Try reassigning the custom button to any other setting (doesn't matter which), shut everything down (app and i2) and then reboot everything - try focusing again.

Also check in the settings that 'Long Press Action' is set at focus.

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

Try reassigning the custom button to any other setting (doesn't matter which), shut everything down (app and i2) and then reboot everything - try focusing again.

Also check in the settings that 'Long Press Action' is set at focus.

J, I tried reassigning the custom button and nothing changed. I am not finding where the Long Press Action setting is in the Go 4 app. Do you know?

Any luck figuring this out?

The autofocus calibration on my Inspire 2 gives a soft at best result and with no option to use manual focus I'm stuck with slightly out of focus footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan