Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recalibrating a lens for x5s in Go 4 app

Hey I got some bad news / ok news, should have realised or thought about it before. You're probably going to have to preset manual focus and you don't have to digitally calibrate. Try setting the aperture ring at f/8 and the focusing ring to match the center line. If you'd take a photo of your lens and PM me, I can get you sorted.

The workaround for this situation is pretty simple - you'll have to learn some basic photography concepts, the critical things to learn are; DOF or Depth of Field <-- This is really important in conjunction with Aperture and Shutter Speed which form a trio you could say and form the basis of photography. In your case more so as it will help determine end focusing and sharpness.

Just remember that if you set the ring at aperture f/8, with the focusing ring lined up at the centreline you'll be able to focus and everything past 3 or so feet. Also depends on your sensor (itill have marks at the focus ring itself which will say distance, and on another area it'll have all variables of aperture range pairs so a f/8 could be left of the centreline and another f/8 to the right. If you match the distance ring, you can probably note that the distance starts small at one side and grows to a infinity symbol,

Yea not a problem, I totally forgot that the those lenses use FBW. Main thing, quickly before I pass out haha. You got the instruction manual for the 12mm? There the AF/MF mode and Snapshot mode. Do you know which one you are in? And the problem you initially had was blurry vision right?

I am in autofocus manual focus mode on the 12mm. The 25mm doesn't seem to have that kind of setting.
BTW how much noise should the gimbal be making? Even when I balance the lens, it still seems to have a micro amount of vibration to the gimbal/ lens combo.

I don't want to totally wear you out here so tell me when you need a break...when you say "grab hold of that focusing ring and pull it downwards towards the gimbal attachment points" are you saying to put the 12mm into the snapshot mode?

Yea man, not a problem. The first inspire I ever got, first pro drone I ever bought - I couldn't fly for 4 days because the camera system was bricked - and dji back then mainly spoke Chinese over the phone. No one knew anything about the system and was 4 days out of civilization in Sumatra Indonesia. Yea put it in snapshot mode, it'll reveal an extra ring of numbers. That's how you're going fly your drone hopefully

search
Like this. You should see the infinity symbol and line that ****** up with the red line above it and in theory as Long as the aperture in manual exposure in cam settings is set to 5.6 youll be in focus from a range of 3 meters to infinity

Did it work ?!? The 25mm is a digital zoom lens it doesn't have the same build aspects in comparison to non digital zoom which uses glass upon glass layers to increase magnification. from what I can see here it should autofocus, and if it wasn't it was either in manual or you Need to tap the screen to focus on an object and and pinch and pull to zoom in out. You can set the controller in such a manner that the C1 button can toggle zooming but adjusting the left wheel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez