Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Red arrow of the attitude icon points in wrong direction

• Thread starter Deleted member 20043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20043

I brought this subject up before, but problem remains. Maybe someone can give me some leads to follow.

The red arrow (flight attitude icon) points 45° more to the right as the nose of the Inspire's is heading. I have recalibrated IMU and the App says it's ok now. I have calibrated the compass several times. Once the result was 180° difference, but most of the times it is 45°.

Can't figure out what else I can try to solve the problem. Any help is welcome.
Rob

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk

Thanks Glen,

Meanwhile I have I also recalibrated the IMU and the compass several times and removed the camera and put it back again. The problem remains and I can add that at some random moment for a few minutes the deviation got to just 10 degrees, but soon it was back again at 45 degrees.

I try to figure out how the direction of the arrow is determined. Am I correct that the RC also has a compass inside? I conclude this from the fact that the red arrow moves if I move the RC. Perhaps I have to calibrate the compass inside the RC, but I don't know how.

Another thing that might have to do with this problem is that I cannot set the RC as a home point. Weak GPS signal it says. I understood from other discussions that this is a bug that still needs to be dealt with in a future update

I also must say that the Inspire flies perfect, just the red arrow that points in the wrong direction, but as long as I have visual contact there is no problem.

Any other clues?

Rob

FWIW I had the same problem. What seemed to fix it was to toggle the map orientation icon (north up or course up). After I did that everything seems to be oriented properly.

I brought this subject up before, but problem remains. Maybe someone can give me some leads to follow.

The red arrow (flight attitude icon) points 45° more to the right as the nose of the Inspire's is heading. I have recalibrated IMU and the App says it's ok now. I have calibrated the compass several times. Once the result was 180° difference, but most of the times it is 45°.

Can't figure out what else I can try to solve the problem. Any help is welcome.
Rob

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk
Are you using Android or iOS?
If the former Android is pretty useless at interpreting directional data from device sensors.
I have no idea why but it is fairly well documented around the web that is the case.
I can confirm that on my Nvidia Shield the direction indicator is about 45 degrees out (anticlockwise) to the true direction. However, what is important is the Inspire icon on the map is orientated correctly in relation to the map image and that is spot on when using my Shield.

Reactions: ted35
Ok Editor I will check that, but I recall that they both arrows (on the icon and the map) direct in the same direction. By the way I'am using a Nexus 9.

I have the same issue. I am using a note 3 and have upgraded to Note 4. What I have to do, and it is a real pain, is uninstall and reinstall the app everyone I fly, that fixes it. I was flying with an ios buddy and just switched to the ios and it worked great, going back to android and I had to uninstall and reinstall. By the way when you call DJI, and wait 59 minutes you will probably be told to send in everything for analysis and they will send it back in 8 to 10 weeks. They won't tell you what it will cost but you will have to pay shipping both ways. Remember we are all still in the "Beta" test group for the I1, when the I2 comes out all our efforts will be appreciated by the buyers of the I2.

Thanks. Meanwhile I also get the feeling that we travel second class. I think it' s not what my investment deserves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44