Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote Controller charging issues

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue like this charging their controller? The charging lights display an odd pattern--it's like they want to do the normal thing, but then they stutter. And the controller doesn't charge past 75%. Youtube link attached.
Controller charging issue

Anyone have an issue like this charging their controller? The charging lights display an odd pattern--it's like they want to do the normal thing, but then they stutter. And the controller doesn't charge past 75%. Youtube link attached.
Controller charging issue

I would try another charger before making any assumptions about the controller. That looks like an Inspire 1, 180 watt charger, which may or may not be compatible with the Inspire 2. At any rate, check the easiest stuff first, which, in this case, is the charger.

Kudos to you for posting video. I wish more forum members would do this instead of wordy descriptions that ultimately forget important variables....<:^/

D

Reactions: jkerrins
I would try another charger before making any assumptions about the controller. That looks like an Inspire 1, 180 watt charger, which may or may not be compatible with the Inspire 2. At any rate, check the easiest stuff first, which, in this case, is the charger.

Kudos to you for posting video. I wish more forum members would do this instead of wordy descriptions that ultimately forget important variables....<:^/

D

Thanks for the response Donnie, and the kudos! Unfortunately I do have 2 different battery chargers, and have tried both with the same results. The lights on the controller will keep the same pattern, for more than 12 hours now. Interestingly, when I unplug the charger it seems like it does have a full charge on the controller now, with all four lights lighting up when I quickly tap the power button--so maybe it is getting a full charge, albeit very slowly? In any case, this is my secondary controller which I got way back in early 2017, so maybe it's time to send in this controller for a repair/battery replacement...

Thanks for the response Donnie, and the kudos! Unfortunately I do have 2 different battery chargers, and have tried both with the same results. The lights on the controller will keep the same pattern, for more than 12 hours now. Interestingly, when I unplug the charger it seems like it does have a full charge on the controller now, with all four lights lighting up when I quickly tap the power button--so maybe it is getting a full charge, albeit very slowly?

Interesting. Sounds like it may be time to replace the battery.

In any case, this is my secondary controller....

I could tell by the "Pan/Tilt" notes over the joysticks. Funny...after YEARS of being camera op, I STILL get confused once in a while. Worth noting; The Inspire 1 right joystick also allows Roll, which adds a whole new dimension to cinematography. It also allows for real-time horizon correction. But I digress...

...which I got way back in early 2017, so maybe it's time to send in this controller for a repair/battery replacement...

Yep. I would say so. That said, my Inspire 1 controller batteries are all still in good shape. More than likely DJI went with a cheaper battery vendor. Who knows???

D

I had a similar issue with a phantom 4 controller, sent the controller in for a diagnostic and 79.00 (u.s.) later and it worked like new again

I had sent in in to DJI for the repair, i used the online service, it came back in about 10 days, that was about a year ago and it's worked fine ever since (when I say worked fine i'm referring to the charging and indicator lights)

I've been seeing a bunch of posts all over similar to this (I'm having the same issue with mine not charging, even after a new battery installed), and every time it just comes back from DJI with a diagnostic fee and it's 'fixed' with no explanation. DJI obviously knows the issue, and I'd love to know what they know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar