Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote controller encryption error

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried to update my remote firmware to the latest version. After finishing and re-connecting the controller to the bird this ”Remote controller encryption error” appeared.

GL658C

Any way to fix it or am I screwed?

Thanks!

IMG_1677.JPGIMG_1678.JPG

Hey guys, I tried to update my remote firmware to the latest version. After finishing and re-connecting the controller to the bird this ”Remote controller encryption error” appeared.

GL658C

Any way to fix it or am I screwed?

Thanks!

View attachment 27721View attachment 27722

Which firmware version is your bird? If your bird is NOT the latest version, DO NOT UPDATE IT. Instead, we'll roll back the RC.

D

Last edited:
Which firmware version is your bird? If your bird is NOT the latest version, DO NOT UPDATE IT. Instead, we'll roll back the RC.

D

The latest/greatest firmwares should all talk to each other. But this is yet another testament for NOT upgrading to the latest/greatest. Sorry, amigo...I wish I had better news, but I can't help you.

D

SOLVED!!! I rolled back my bird firmware to 1.8 and downgraded controller firmware with the controller connected to the bird... then I updated firmware as well as the controller and everything is updated and linked correctly.

SOLVED!!! I rolled back my bird firmware to 1.8 and downgraded controller firmware with the controller connected to the bird... then I updated firmware as well as the controller and everything is updated and linked correctly.

You should stay with FW v1.08.xx and RC FW v1.6 respectively. Those are the sweet spots. If you find yourself plagued with video transmission issues, the roll back is the cure.

D

Last edited:
I tried FW v1.08.xx and RC FW v1.6 respectively and was a F%ckin mess!! For me, FW 1.9 and the latest version on remote are my sweet spots.

I tried FW v1.08.xx and RC FW v1.6 respectively and was a F%ckin mess!! For me, FW 1.9 and the latest version on remote are my sweet spots.

That's odd. We have literally three Inspire 1's running those FW versions. We have:

Inspire 1 (X3 only)
Inspire 1 v2 (X3 and X5)
Inspire 1 Pro (X3 and X5)

All 3 are running FW v1.08.xx and RC FW v1.6 and run flawlessly. All 3 are set up with dual controllers.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth