Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Renewing PFAW with the CAA

Reaction score
Hello

First of all apologies if the relevant information is posted in another thread, im having a hard time finding what i need.

Im coming up to the time to renew my PFAW and would like to do so directly through the CAA as I dont feel like handing over money to EuroUsc if I dont really need to. What is the process here? Do I send an updated ops manual and flight logbook to them along with an SRG1320? is there a different form for renewal. I cant seem to find any guidelines on this.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

First of all apologies if the relevant information is posted in another thread, im having a hard time finding what i need.

Im coming up to the time to renew my PFAW and would like to do so directly through the CAA as I dont feel like handing over money to EuroUsc if I dont really need to. What is the process here? Do I send an updated ops manual and flight logbook to them along with an SRG1320? is there a different form for renewal. I cant seem to find any guidelines on this.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

As far as I understand that is basically all you need to do, (someone thats actually renewed will be able to chip in here).

Oddly enough I have had a newletter from EuroUSC which I have never had before stating that we can use their BNUC-S logo only if we renew with them, which I thought was amusing. Still not finding a good enough reason to renew with them as yet.

Hello

Thanks in advance!
Hi guys, i did my renewal (direct with the CAA) in September and it was pretty straight forward.

Like yourself and apsussex said, all you need is to fill out the SRG1320 form and accompany it with your ops manual, flight log book, evidence of insurance.
With the SRG1320 form, just tick 'Renewal of: Permssion For Aerial Work (SUA)'.

Hope that helps

Reactions: apsussex
hah theres always a fee...

any idea as to what sort of turnaround i should expect?
pdf everything and send it to the usual email address.
Turnaround for renewals is around 10 days but....... Officially allow 28 !

Got everything sent off on the 26th of jan so just patiently waiting now!

Now that I have gone directly to the CAA and wont have a BNUC-s will my insurance premiums be affected?

Got everything sent off on the 26th of jan so just patiently waiting now!

Now that I have gone directly to the CAA and wont have a BNUC-s will my insurance premiums be affected?
Nope.
You still have BNUC-s (that was your qualification) you just dont have a pretty little pointless card that Euro like to charge £Silly.xxx for and scare you into thinking that without it you cant do anything.

Reactions: Phil-RCGeeks
Ah brilliant! Thanks for all the info, seems as though when you try to find out anything from Euro they just keep you in the dark for the ££

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa