Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: GPC Go Professional Case: Travel Mode Edition

Reaction score
So I've had the GPC case for several weeks now and wanted to share my thoughts with others. I got tired of the original case as it really didn't have enough storage for all the accessories I use/own. I wanted a rigid case. It had to be wheeled and it had to be water/air tight and accommodate ALL my accessories minus the Smart Power Charge SPC4500 charger.

After looking at the different cases on the market, I decided to go with the Go Professional Case: Travel Mode. I really contemplated the Landing Mode model but it was just too **** big. I haven't regretted the investment once. As you can see, it meets my needs for battery storage, accessory storage, and more. And another plus, its made right here in the good ol' USA!

The case is nice and solid. It can be expected to take plenty of abuse. I don't even think the TSA could damage this bad boy. It has a total of five (5) latches to keep it securely closed. Each latch is spring loaded. Once unlatched, it stays that way until it is securely closed again.

Once open, you really notice the quality to detail. Each part of the DJI Inspire 1 equipment has a place and the foam is cut to perfection! I have no worries about my equipment being safe no matter how rough the transport.

Very happy with the case. Couldn't ask for more realistically. Hope this helps someone else.

Reactions: Pohlease
Great case, agreed and thanks for posting the review.

FYI, here's what it looks like after the baggage handlers get their hands on it...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435017737.236294.jpg

The Inspire inside was nice and snug and safe. In my opinion a hard shell travel mode case is best for checked baggage air travel as the Inspire is best protected with its gimbal detached and stored in its own protective case and the aircraft is in its least vulnerable position.

You are absolutely correct! This was another reason I went with the "travel mode" model.

I just received mine Go Pro Case. I have the landing mode case. It's BIG!!! Everything is protected.... Even though I can leave the camera and gimbal securely attached, I will not keep it attached when checking my luggage.

@Chris Franklin Could you do a little write up in few weeks about your thoughts on the GPC Landing Case? Possibly provide a few pictures? I'm between the GPC landing or travel case. Thanks to @offtosleep I have insight on 1/2 my dilemma.

I am going on a weekend trip. I will put it through the paces and take some pictures of it for you...

One more note: the case is big. I only use it for checking it via air travel. I use the stock case for normal local use or to locations by car.

I just ordered the wheel & trolley handle kit for the stock case to make it easier to travel locally.

I have the travel mode case and I got s STEAL on it on eBay. There are used ones on there now and then for about $100 less than new. Mine was even cheaper but even at full retail I would love this case. Everything fits so snug. It's much larger than the factory case but the way everything fits is night and day different. Almost like the factory case isn't truly a custom fit case. The travel mode case fits well in the back of my wife's car and I can still squeeze a stroller in there. I highly doubt I would have been able to do that with the landing mode case it is just far to tall. Is it a hassle lowering it everytime? Well of course but I think the larger case would be a even greater hassle.

You are right it is large; however consider this:
length. Width. Height
Landing mode case measurements: 31.63. 20.50. 15.75​

Travel mode case measurement: 31.52. 20.83 12.50​

Truly the only significant difference in the height. There both large cases compared to a suitcase. Just my two cents.....

Good to know, I've been on the fence between the landing and travel mode...I've seen the landing case and it is...large, very large. Guess I'll be going with a travel case

You are right it is large; however consider this:
length. Width. Height
Landing mode case measurements: 31.63. 20.50. 15.75​

Travel mode case measurement: 31.52. 20.83 12.50​

Truly the only significant difference in the height. There both large cases compared to a suitcase. Just my two cents.....

That's actually pretty funny...on paper doesn't seem as bad, but when I saw the landing mode case in person it was huge...I've never seen the travel mode one in person.

UPDATE: well, I was going to a local park to get some flying time in. Me, my Inspire 1 and my new Go Pro Landing Case. That 3 inch difference in height I mentioned in my previous post makes a HUGE differnece when you have a small car. It didn't fit in my trunk:mad::mad::mad:. I just got back from shipping back to the dealer via UPS..... Travel mode case on order...

That's actually pretty funny...on paper doesn't seem as bad, but when I saw the landing mode case in person it was huge...I've never seen the travel mode one in person.

Reactions: damoncooper
Has anyone found a decent landing mode case that is NOT the GPC? I thought I'd seen one somewhere but can't find it now.

I also feel the GPC case is huge, but as a photographer, one of the biggest "No No's" is changing lenses out in the field. I have an expensive camera body that is well sealed and built for extreme conditions. But once you open the camera to outside elements (like removing camera and gimbal to pack up the inspire) then you open it up to internal issues.

I was in Moab on a Jeep off-road event. I kept trying to fly my Inspire when we took breaks (which were really short). So, I'd pull it out of the case, turn everything on, switch it out of travel mode, futz with attaching the camera (I still have troubles getting it on and off smoothly), and fly for a few minutes. Then it would be time to go and I'd have to reverse the process and haul ***. Each time exposing the internal parts to the dusty conditions of Moab.

I had the same issue the other night moving from one location to another chasing the sunset. In that case, I left it assembled and sitting in the back of the jeep, but even with blankets around it, it moved a lot while driving. So wouldn't it be safer overall to leave the gimbal on at all times? Which brings me back to... is there a better landing mode case?

Has anyone found a decent landing mode case that is NOT the GPC? I thought I'd seen one somewhere but can't find it now.

I also feel the GPC case is huge, but as a photographer, one of the biggest "No No's" is changing lenses out in the field. I have an expensive camera body that is well sealed and built for extreme conditions. But once you open the camera to outside elements (like removing camera and gimbal to pack up the inspire) then you open it up to internal issues.

I was in Moab on a Jeep off-road event. I kept trying to fly my Inspire when we took breaks (which were really short). So, I'd pull it out of the case, turn everything on, switch it out of travel mode, futz with attaching the camera (I still have troubles getting it on and off smoothly), and fly for a few minutes. Then it would be time to go and I'd have to reverse the process and haul ***. Each time exposing the internal parts to the dusty conditions of Moab.

I had the same issue the other night moving from one location to another chasing the sunset. In that case, I left it assembled and sitting in the back of the jeep, but even with blankets around it, it moved a lot while driving. So wouldn't it be safer overall to leave the gimbal on at all times? Which brings me back to... is there a better landing mode case?

For quick deploy just seatbelt it in and go.

LOL! yeah, I'm a little too OCD for that, especially with all the bad luck I've had with this thing so far (won't bore you or this thread with the details, but it's been at DJI seven of the 9 weeks I've owned it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime