Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: Smart Power Charger DJI Inspire 1 SPC4500

You're such a funny boy, it's so obvious I don't have an I1. :D
What kind of pictures/vids would you like me to post for you?

Sorry dude I don't feed Trolls.

Troll.jpg

Reactions: rtb
Carlo ....

You hit the nail on the head ....

I spoke with Richie and what a great guy not to mention what a FANTASTIC !!! product they have come up with.

Happy Flying

Reactions: Scotflieger
WOW !!!
This unit is incredible .... It is one unit that does everything.
EXTREMELY WELL BUILT
* Charging 1 or 2 remote controller at the same time
* Charging and monitoring 1 - 4 of your batteries at the same time
* Deep cycling your 1 - 4 batteries if you want it to
* Charging your Ipad or using 1 or 2 USB ports

It makes everything so easy and trouble free.
I would buy this again & again !

I'm ONE HAPPY Camper here

Reactions: Scotflieger
I carried out my first Deep Cycles of both a TB47 and TB48 this weekend using my SPC4500. I learnt a lesson due to my failure to follow the correct sequence.

TIP: Ensure you switch on the battery before inserting into the SPC4500 to Deep Cycle.
Just trying to deep cycle one of my batts which is charged to 80%. DO I need to discharge the battery to about 30% before the charge will deep cycle?

Many thanks

Just trying to deep cycle one of my batts which is charged to 80%. DO I need to discharge the battery to about 30% before the charge will deep cycle.
Hi Roger, I have done this from 80% but it took some time due to light discharge load. You may wish to fly to discharge to 30-20% first.

NB: The SPC4500 Deep Cycle is not suitable for the battery recalibration with the new FW 1.3.0.0 because of the need to carry out a continuous 100%-5% discharge.

Reactions: RJ Evans
Hi Roger, I have done this from 80% but it took some time due to light discharge load. You may wish to fly to discharge to 30-20% first.

NB: The SPC4500 Deep Cycle is not suitable for the battery recalibration with the new FW 1.3.0.0 because of the need to carry out a continuous 100%-5% discharge.

Thank you - I asked because I have just upgraded the FW - I'll do it the hard way this time!

These chargers are a total rip off... much better to buy 2 batteries and 2 DJI chargers for the same money... not to mention they have a over heating issue ... because of a poor design... in the way the heat is not dispersed properly ... the heat while charging travels to one side ... over heating the battery near to the vents.... lots of batteries is the answer with 3 or 4 DJI chargers.. much much better value ....

The SPC4500 is not a rip off and I have had no issues with over heating. The design and build quality is excellent. I have 3 other DJI chargers (1x100w + 2x180W) but I will use the SPC4500 every time. It offers me the ability of 'fire-and-forget' when I come back from flying with up to 4 batteries, 2 xRCs and tablets. The lack of a rats nest of cables is a great bonus. When time is money, the SPC4500 suits those users who wish to use it. It is great value for MY money.

The SPC4500 is not a rip off and I have had no issues with over heating. The design and build quality is excellent. I have 3 other DJI chargers (1x100w + 2x180W) but I will use the SPC4500 every time. It offers me the ability of 'fire-and-forget' when I come back from flying with up to 4 batteries, 2 xRCs and tablets. The lack of a rats nest of cables is a great bonus. When time is money, the SPC4500 suits those users who wish to use it. It is great value for MY money.
i have 12 batteries and 3 DJI chargers... i cycle my batts by flying them down...this works well for me... i have over 150 hours up with the Inspire...

I wouldnt say its a rip off, yes its expensive, but it is a premium product and has been a godsend for me. Convenience is what really makes it shine. Not noticed any over heating issues so far. What I would love to see in the future is an update on the firmware to allow taking batteries to storage automatically. I always used to do this with my s900 batteries if I didnt plan on using them for a few days and obviously the charger would balance them to storage rather than quick charge then switch off.

Reactions: rtb and Scotflieger
i have 12 batteries and 3 DJI chargers... i cycle my batts by flying them down...this works well for me... i have over 150 hours up with the Inspire...
How many of those flight hours are spent running the batteries down to 5%?

I have been eyeing up this beauty for a while, I havent got time to read more than a few pages of this thread, it seems too many trolls would waste my eyesight.
is the general concensus that this charger is worth the money?

Has anyone looked inside and tried to add more fans? I live in an extremely hot place, my current bodge up charging case actually works well at cooling down the batteries after flight when the air coming in is AC'd

How well does this stand up to modified sine wave invertors? does anyone have any good time racked up using one?

do the batteries click into the charging bays? can you charge without them clicking in if so? ( i dont want to wear the plastic tabs unnecesarily)

thanks in advance

I have been eyeing up this beauty for a while, I havent got time to read more than a few pages of this thread, it seems too many trolls would waste my eyesight.

Has anyone looked inside and tried to add more fans? I live in an extremely hot place, my current bodge up charging case actually works well at cooling down the batteries after flight when the air coming in is AC'd

How well does this stand up to modified sine wave invertors? does anyone have any good time racked up using one?

do the batteries click into the charging bays? can you charge without them clicking in if so? ( i dont want to wear the plastic tabs unnecesarily)

thanks in advance
Hi m00se,
In terms of time saved it is worth the money for me. I live in the north of Scotland with summer temperatures (this year) of 10 to 25C. (I melt above those temperatures). My SPC4500 sits in my back hall at a nominal 20C.

I have had look inside. There are small and audible fans: one on the case and one in the 500W PSU. The batteries simply drop into the slots. There is a white plastic cover over the connectors similar to that on the DJI leads. When the batteries are fully charged the LEDs go out (as normal) and the charging stops. I tend to lift the battery so that it sits on the plastic cover and leave them there until I going flying - it is my storage rack.

I can not answer you question above modified sine wave.

thanks in advance
there is no big deal in cycling your batt's... check your batt every time you fly.... every 10..20..30..etc ...cycle them down before you land... its the fastest and most convenient way of doing this...

Hi m00se,
In terms of time saved it is worth the money for me. I live in the north of Scotland with summer temperatures (this year) of 10 to 25C. (I melt above those temperatures). My SPC4500 sits in my back hall at a nominal 20C.

I have had look inside. There are small and audible fans: one on the case and one in the 500W PSU. The batteries simply drop into the slots. There is a white plastic cover over the connectors similar to that on the DJI leads. When the batteries are fully charged the LEDs go out (as normal) and the charging stops. I tend to lift the battery so that it sits on the plastic cover and leave them there until I going flying - it is my storage rack.

I can not answer you question above modified sine wave.

when you drop the battery in, does it click into place or simply rest in place?

I will have to investigate the heat issue, I frequently fly in 45 - 50 c I have to fly from inside the car because the Ipad takes exactly 3 mins to shut down due to thermal protection if its ourside. Like literally if you swap a battery out with the ipad in your hand it may do it.

I have to decide if i will buy this quick charger, or make mine better once a 3d printer arrives.......
I will also 3d print a cooler to click onto the ipad, perhaps with a peltier cooler built into it and a lipo if I can see that its worth the effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide