Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reward for battery help

Reaction score
I have four genuine DJI TB47 batteries. After a recent full charge, one of the batteries give me an error in the go app. The error is invalid battery. It worked perfectly previously and has had 11 charges on it. I’m going to estimate it being three years old.
The battery has always been reliable. After the full charge I got that error. It behaved normally during the charge cycle, each of the four lights illuminating as the battery went through the charge process. I tried to let the power just run down to as close as I can estimate it being as close to dead as possible without shutting down on its own. My strategy was to go through that process and then a full charge. The strategy was based on other people online suggesting the process. The battery was just sitting in the inspire one powered on to let it discharge. I was not able to start the motors. I continued to investigate looking for a solution. I found a post that suggested taking the top off and remove one of the balancing ribbons. I did that and let it sit for one hour before plugging it back in and giving the battery a full charge again. The process did not work so I am at a dead end. Maybe I should just give up and consider this thing junk but I just hate to when there may be some hope. There is no swelling whatsoever on the battery. So I thought what the hell, if somebody can come up with a solution that works, I will etransfer them $50. I know it’s not a lot but it is something.

Sorry to hear about your battery. It sounds like a connection between the battery cells and the smart board has shorted out. This would freak out the computer since it sees essentially a dead cell. I would be willing to buy it for $40. I use the lithium in a variety of projects.

I sorry for that. I assume you have already considered cleaning the contacts.
Good luck.
Yes, straight away I did that, thanks for the idea.
Sorry to hear about your battery. It sounds like a connection between the battery cells and the smart board has shorted out. This would freak out the computer since it sees essentially a dead cell. I would be willing to buy it for $40. I use the lithium in a variety of projects.
Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind.

Buy a dead TB47 and swap the smartboard in it. Ignore the cycle count on the new one and just run a charge/discharge/charge cycle to see the proper capacity.

It is my understandng that the battery circuitry will not allow a discharge or charge cycle below or above a certain voltage. It shuts down by itself.

What I have read to resurrect a 'dead' battery is to take the top off, unsolder one of the power leads and charge it from a seperate charger. Hence bypassing the circuitry. Then reconnect the wire. Gotta be really careful tho, as Lipo's explode. Personally, I would not do this.

Qstn
The battery by itself. Turn it on. Do the lights come on at all? If so, what are they telling you?

I really doubt the circuitry has shorted out all by itself. Usually, battery issues narrow down to a bad cell pretty quick. Why they go bad? Beyond me.

I had looked for a solution before posting. One of the solutions included running the battery way down and then recharging. I ran it down by letting the I1 sit with the battery powered on. I could not start the I1 because of the error, so it was a very slow drain. It started with a fully charged battery and all 4 lights were on. As it discharged, the lights also went out exactly as you would expect them to.

I appreciate the help, and input.

App Ver 3.1.68
Aircraft Ver 1.11.01.50+
Remote ver 1.7.8
Flysafe 01.00.01.07

I think the head is buggered some how. I have not had the time to give this any attention.

Not that anyone will or should care, but people have been nice enough to take the time to respond so I thought I would mention the end result. I have not been able to salvage this battery and get it running. I have retired the battery to just use it for going through settings on site then putting a fresh battery in for flights.

For unrelated reasons I ended up changing firmware versions from most current releases to aircraft FW V1.8.1 and DJI Go V3.1.1, all with the help of this forum and members I should add. After the installation of Go 3.1.1, the battery is no longer returning an error, it is recognized and functions perfectly.
Reason for updating the thread, don't you just hate it when a problem is discussed and the solution never gets posted?

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop