Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Risk Assessment

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
just looking for a bit of advise and pointing in the right direction.I looking at taking my flight test shortly feel ok about everything really apart from the risk assessment as anyone got any samples or advise please.

Hi Everyone
just looking for a bit of advise and pointing in the right direction.I looking at taking my flight test shortly feel ok about everything really apart from the risk assessment as anyone got any samples or advise please.
You do not say what country you are talking about?
However, since I believe the US does not even go to the extent of a flight test I am going to assume you are talking about PfCO in the UK.

I have moved this post to the correct section which is certified pilots and added the UK prefix.

If my assumption is correct and you are UK based then your NQE should have:

a. Taken you through multiple mission scenarios where you would have gone through site surveys, risk assessment and mission planning for each one.
b. Provided you with a risk assessment matrix going from green (no/very low risk/no injury) to red (high/possible life threatening/risk of death).

If they haven't provided you with this, or gone over multiple mock situations they haven't done their job properly and I would be questioning them!

In the meantime, I will see if I can dig out my RA template and post it up on here as a PDF.

Additionally, please use the search function on the forum as nearly all situations/questions have cropped up and probably been answered previously.
Here are a couple....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk