Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Roll back bandwagon

Reaction score
Howdy,

I pulled the trigger and rolled my Inspire 1 firmware back to v01.08 from the derided v 01.11.... During the dirty deed the X3 started to really bang hard from side to side, this was after the four motors blinked red and downgraded. I let it run for 45 minutes and checked the SD card . Still upgrading. I reformatted the card with FW v1.11 to put everything back.

Today I have it at 1.11.01.50 and controller at v1.7.80. I can control the AC and connect with app butt the X3 is dead. I see NO line item for the Camera FW in the Go app. No Gimbal as well as feed. Some how I lost the FW on the X3 or it shook its self to death. If i put a formatted Sd card in with only debug and FW and try again.. the X3 dose not move at all but I see other folders (DCIM, MISC) writtin back on the card. so Could this still be a Connection Issue ? I have tried the X3 on the Osmo as well .. Go app connects with Osmo but No X3 feed

Last edited:
Howdy,

I pulled the trigger and rolled my Inspire 1 firmware back to v01.08 from the derided v 01.11.... During the dirty deed the X3 started to really bang hard from side to side, this was after the four motors blinked red and downgraded. I let it run for 45 minutes and checked the SD card . Still upgrading. I reformatted the card with FW v1.11 to put everything back.

Today I have it at 1.11.01.50 and controller at v1.7.80. I can control the AC and connect with app butt the X3 is dead. I see NO line item for the Camera FW in the Go app. No Gimbal as well as feed. Some how I lost the FW on the X3 or it shook its self to death. If i put a formatted Sd card in with only debug and FW and try again.. the X3 dose not move at all but I see other folders (DCIM, MISC) writtin back on the card. so Could this still be a Connection Issue ? I have tried the X3 on the Osmo as well .. Go app connects with Osmo but No X3 feed

It does sound like you are describing a hardware issue. Does the X3 do ANYTHING during POST?

D

It does sound like you are describing a hardware issue. Does the X3 do ANYTHING during POST?

D

No Sir, nothing on the bird or osmo... The I1v2 was a refurbished unit that I have only flew a few times and never crash but noticed that the two different brand filters I run have different clearance then the stock lens so I just use the freewell Brand as it didn’t hit the Gimbal motor.
I think I may have knocked a ribbon cable loose in the update .. I stayed at a Holiday Inn and watched YouTube’s vids on taking the X3 apart,,, so later today I’ll pop the covers and look at cables, burn spots and smell test. I’ll post what I find.

No Sir, nothing on the bird or osmo... The I1v2 was a refurbished unit that I have only flew a few times and never crash but noticed that the two different brand filters I run have different clearance then the stock lens so I just use the freewell Brand as it didn’t hit the Gimbal motor.

9419F37F-1991-44D2-BA0C-1BC2127248DE.jpeg
FEE1830B-124C-4E4A-909D-E017E8C59E81.jpeg

Last edited:
No Sir, nothing on the bird or osmo...

Then this is definitely a hardware issue. Do you have a friend you can borrow an X3 or X5 from? This will confirm that which I already know.

The I1v2 was a refurbished unit that I have only flew a few times and never crash but noticed that the two different brand filters I run have different clearance then the stock lens so I just use the freewell Brand as it didn’t hit the Gimbal motor.
I think I may have knocked a ribbon cable loose in the update"

Your symptoms certainly describe a missing, disconnected or loose ribbon cable.

.. I stayed at a Holiday Inn and watched YouTube’s vids on taking the X3 apart,,, so later today I’ll pop the covers and look at cables, burn spots and smell test. I’ll post what I find.

Good deal. I took an X3 apart one time after a crash in the dirt some 2 years ago. Dirt got all inside the camera and gimbal motors. So I took the whole mess apart and hit it with compressed air. To this day I still use that camera. In fact, used it on a job yesterday.

Good luck. Keep us informed!

D

Reactions: Greg’s gems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen