Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rolling Back Firmware

Hi Misha,
It is unlikely that DJI will supply older versions of the app since some early versions enabled 2.4ghz frequencies that were outside of permitted allocations within some countries.
If a user were to load these older versions of it would mean that the fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting device would be illegal.
DJI made a mistake when they released the app but have since corrected it.
It MAY be possible to keep current and last version on the download page since from now going forward the full 32 channels will not be made available via the app.
However, I have not heard anything regarding this, only the dual firmware availability.
Dear Editor,

Thank you for the prompt reply as usual.

Question: if one is stuck with iOS pilot app v 1.2.0, which firmware version(s) for bird and RC are recommended?

Kind regards - Misha

Dear Editor,

Thank you for the prompt reply as usual.

Question: if one is stuck with iOS pilot app v 1.2.0, which firmware version(s) for bird and RC are recommended?

Kind regards - Misha

V1.2.1.03 or the current one since .03 onwards fixed an issue where some remote controls were switching off by themselves.....not really something anybody wants happening :eek:

Reactions: Misha
Without anyone flipping out is it alright for me to ask how all this is going?
(I'd like to roll back right now if I could).
Is this rollback feature available now?

Without anyone flipping out is it alright for me to ask how all this is going?
(I'd like to roll back right now if I could).
Is this rollback feature available now?

The roll back feature is available as of now BUT it will only allow roll back of v1.2.1.06 forwards (see release notes).
In other words, you must update to v1.3.0.00 to enable roll back feature and after that you will be able to load anything from v1.2.1.06 forwards.

The roll back feature is available as of now BUT it will only allow roll back of v1.2.1.06 forwards (see release notes).
In other words, you must update to v1.3.0.00 to enable roll back feature and after that you will be able to load anything from v1.2.1.06 forwards.

Gotcha, thx

I just got a second airframe back and have had to re-install the firmware and calibrate everything. Version 1.3 seemed the only path forward as you can't install over the same version (previous version). I noticed my phone automatically updated to DJI Go in place of Pilot software. So, the second unit is latest app and firmware and my other rig is all previous version.

I'll fly tonight and see whats what and get back to you

Well, the flight was brief as I am still having range issues that keep the AC very close right now. Since the firmware can be downgraded, I think I'll make the switch on the other AC. Noticed the batteries upgrade as well so it makes sense to have them all be on the same version (you can't downgrade batteries can you?)

now i thought i am good with my iphone settings... NOT... this **** thing updated to the dji go... :( and i have a gig the next two days...
i am not an iphone expert nor have i a lot experience (bloody beginner). how do i check if the phone did a backup or do i have to initiate one with itunes on my pc?
is there any way (i know this has been asked but i am really desperate at the moment) to get the dji pilot app befor the "go" app???
i was confident i had the right settings. any help...

now i thought i am good with my iphone settings... NOT... this **** thing updated to the dji go... :( and i have a gig the next two days...
i am not an iphone expert nor have i a lot experience (bloody beginner). how do i check if the phone did a backup or do i have to initiate one with itunes on my pc?
is there any way (i know this has been asked but i am really desperate at the moment) to get the dji pilot app befor the "go" app???
i was confident i had the right settings. any help...

Turn off auto updates on your ios devices or you will wake up unhappy every time.
My bird was absolutely PERFECT before the last ios pilot app update which cause my 1st/only fly away which I coaxed back from 2 miles away by toggling gps/atti on/off/on/off MANY times before she finally stopped racing off in the opposite direction on her own. My batteries rt now on very old firmware are PERFECT and I am afraid to "update" anything., (I use the I1 for work only, it's NOT for pleasure)

Turn off auto updates on your ios devices or you will wake up unhappy every time.
My bird was absolutely PERFECT before the last ios pilot app update which cause my 1st/only fly away which I coaxed back from 2 miles away by toggling gps/atti on/off/on/off MANY times before she finally stopped racing off in the opposite direction on her own. My batteries rt now on very old firmware are PERFECT and I am afraid to "update" anything., (I use the I1 for work only, it's NOT for pleasure)
that is the point... i was in the thought it was turned off... as i did toggle setting regarding this but seems like it / i didn't set it... ****...
i really hope i will be able to work flawlessly tomorrow... still have my android galaxy s4 active which is overheating and freezing all the time... fingers crossed...

Well, the flight was brief as I am still having range issues that keep the AC very close right now. Since the firmware can be downgraded, I think I'll make the switch on the other AC. Noticed the batteries upgrade as well so it makes sense to have them all be on the same version (you can't downgrade batteries can you?)

Anything to update?
I'm not in a rush or anything, but if you want to roll back I have little interest in updating myself. (actually, If I can get back the last ios app, I would have 100% faith in my I1 again).

I don't rally care about "new" features, (they haven't even produced the "promised features" in their O.E. sales pitch).

I just really need something predictable I can work with on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct it does make perfect sense to have all your equipment running on the same FW version..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan