Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rolling Back Firmware

Reaction score
Guys,

Just a piece of news and to prove that DJI is listening to requests/feedback.

It is highly likely (I am not going to say definite :p) but as they say in the Military 'Confidence is high' that very shortly users will be able to roll back to a prior firmware version for aircraft and remote.

This means that should a user really not like an update, or discovers something untoward they will be able to load at least the version prior to the update.

Both the current AND the prior version of FW will always be available via DJI's download page.

R&D are just sorting the best, most user friendly way of implementing this change.

I will keep this forum informed.

Guys,

It is highly likely (I am not going to say definite :p) but as they say in the Military 'Confidence is high' that very shortly users will be able to roll back to a prior firmware version for aircraft and remote.

This means that should a user really not like an update, or discovers something untoward they will be able to load at least the version prior to the update.

Both the current AND the prior version of FW will always be available via DJI's download page.

R&D are just sorting the best, most user friendly way of implementing this change.

DJI never ceases to amaze me. Yes, as you pointed out, they are apparently listening. That's good and a great way to build consumer trust! :cool:

Reactions: sirnikolas
What's weird is that I was having problems at first. Not I'm not. Flew 4 hrs worth of footage on July 4th and the I1 was solid. Flew today at 4000 ft (starting altitude) in 25mph winds - rock solid both horizontal and vertical.

Maybe it was just me. I mean I still get the occasional "no signal". Had an "mc error" but it resolved itself after reset.

Next stop - Lake Powell

Words are so easy to type on the puter aren't they!
Here are two words that are easy to type Ground Station
You can see how easily we get excited by just a couple of "words", (no facts, just words).

I hope you're not getting paid by DJI to plant "seeds" in our tiny little minds,
(or is this all just "wishful thinking" on your part)?

The "seed" below is 25 days old now.

"Guys,There should be a new version FW being released in the next couple of days (maybe even today) - June 15th 2015."

Words are so easy to type on the puter aren't they!
Here are two words that are easy to type Ground Station
You can see how easily we get excited by just a couple of "words", (no facts, just words).

I hope you're not getting paid by DJI to plant "seeds" in our tiny little minds,
(or is this all just "wishful thinking" on your part)?

The "seed" below is 25 days old now.

"Guys,There should be a new version FW being released in the next couple of days (maybe even today) - June 15th 2015."

Thank you for your comments Carlsberg.

Quite frankly I do not care for your attitude on these forums and your conduct since joining has not exactly been exemplary. You already have received one warning point for the way you posted over several threads and unfortunately this makes it two.
There have been numerous complaints about you via forum reporting lines which I have chosen, in the whole to ignore and give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I was mistaken in that regard.

Please desist from posting remarks like the one above which are in direct violation of our forum rules:

Quote: "Rule 12.... baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

I trust this will be an end to the matter, Thank You.

Thank you for your comments Carlsberg.

Quite frankly I do not care for your attitude on these forums and your conduct since joining has not exactly been exemplary. You already have received one warning point for the way you posted over several threads and unfortunately this makes it two.
There have been numerous complaints about you via forum reporting lines which I have chosen, in the whole to ignore and give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I was mistaken in that regard.

Please desist from posting remarks like the one above which are in direct violation of our forum rules:

Quote: "Rule 12.... baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

I trust this will be an end to the matter, Thank You.

Thanks for keeping Facebook drama out of here.

How about the app versions as well? Think most people have problems with apps than the firmware.

Apps you can manually save yourself. Android it's really easy to save APKs there's various ways. Apple signs IPA app to your Apple ID & password when you download from App Store. On Mac & Windows if you sync with iTunes it backs up your signed IPA file to your computer. I have previous versions of DJI Pilot apps backed up and use iTunes, iFunbox or iTools to load back which versions I want on my different iOS devices.

** Please do not ask me for a previous iOS DJI Pilot app it's signed to my Apple ID and password I will not be giving it out. **

is there something new on the rolling back the firmware?
I am stuck in landing mode or the one I am manually screwing the landing gear since it is doing absolutely nothing... not through the app, the RC or auto landing take off or airborn with toggle on the RC... here is a video of my problem.. I know this is a bit off topic and (admins please don´t kill me for it) I will be having a shooting from 16th to 19th next week and need the bird working... I talked to support and I even reinstalled the app... (using android latest version) with all the other possible options but nothing is working.... I will have to send it in and also posted on similar thread on the official DJI forum just in case the guys there know a work around for this...

any news on the rolling back possibility would be really great... the servo seems ok (does not smell) and the bird of course never fell or bumped hard anywhere...

sorry again for hijacking the thread (TE if you need to kill my post or move it to where it belongs) but I am really desperate to get a working bird really soon... I am even playing with the thought of getting a one remote version as backup but chewing my nails on it since I don´t know if the "new" one will have the same problem once I have it..

cheers and hoping for help very soon.
Martin

Yes good news, thanks.

I have just had to revert to previouse android app due to lost signal error message, so to be able to do this with any firmware bugs will be great.

Regards
Mike.

Yes good news, thanks.

I have just had to revert to previouse android app due to lost signal error message, so to be able to do this with any firmware bugs will be great.

Regards
Mike.

hi mike, could you provide me with the android olde vdrsion that works for you? i had autobackup turned on and think that do not have the apk files...

@admin
couldn't we make a sticky download area with all apk files that are usefull available? google does not request pass and username like apple...
just a thought...

Guys,

Dear Editor,

Thanks for the update. What about the Pilot App? Will DJI provide previous versions as this seems to be
what has been causing all the recent concern?

Thanks - misha

Dear Editor,

Thanks for the update. What about the Pilot App? Will DJI provide previous versions as this seems to be
what has been causing all the recent concern?

Thanks - misha
Hi Misha,
It is unlikely that DJI will supply older versions of the app since some early versions enabled 2.4ghz frequencies that were outside of permitted allocations within some countries.
If a user were to load and run these older versions it would mean that the fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting device (the remote control as well as the Inspire) would be illegal.
DJI made a mistake when they released the app but have since corrected it.
It MAY be possible to keep current and last version on the download page since from now going forward the full 32 channels will not be made available via the app.
However, I have not heard anything regarding this, only the dual firmware availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips