Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RTK/PPK GPS on DJI Inspire

Reaction score
Hi
I am wanting g to put an EMLID Reach RTK on my Inspire to log L1 GPS data onboard for later PPK processing.
I will then need to marry up image capture time with the PPK data.
I am aware that UAV time is synced to control device time - I can calculate this offset (in milliseconds) to GPS time no problem. My problem is obtaining accurate shutter trigger time. EXIF header data is only accurate to the second. I'd there any way to get shutter trigger time accurate to milliseconds from either mission planning app/controller device or the UAV logs themselves?

The EMLID Reach and Reach RS look very interesting, even if its just using 2 off Reach RS for recording GCPs, looks like a very affordable setup. Has anyone had any hands on experience with either setup and the required workflow?

I thought the Reach systems were PIXHAWK. Anyway I have an e-mail in to them. GeoQue LOKI is 4,900. Way out there.

You are right......
This was my reply after e-mailing EMLID and asking what sort of ground station was needed.........

"Hi Ed,
Thank you for your letter.
You could use a set of Reach RS (as a base) and a Reach Module (as a Rover) for DJI PPK.
You can find that set as Reach Mapping Kit on Emlid Online Store.
However, please, notice, that DJI system is proprietary and 3rd party GPS shall be installed separately from DJI ecosystem.
Here I do attach guide, which could be useful in your case: GPS post-processing.
Let me know, if you need any assistance."

If someone can figure all this out please break it down for me......I have my dumb head on today.....

Thanks

A DJI drone has a GPS.

By Installing a REACH or some other GPS, you are considering adding a Duplicate GPS, Duplicate Battery etc? So it obviously adds more payload.

Has anyone contacted DJI to see if they can add a REACH GPS capable of PPK and RTK instead of whatever GPS they have installed at the moment? Might be a neater way of marrying what you want?

A DJI drone has a GPS.

By Installing a REACH or some other GPS, you are considering adding a Duplicate GPS, Duplicate Battery etc? So it obviously adds more payload.

Has anyone contacted DJI to see if they can add a REACH GPS capable of PPK and RTK instead of whatever GPS they have installed at the moment? Might be a neater way of marrying what you want?

I contacted DJI to ask if the Inspire 2 could have its GPS upgraded to those systems presently used on their Matrice 210s. They said no.
So I doubt a different mfgrs unit would integrate easily. IMHO.

Reactions: Troyza

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido