Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Santa Caterina del Sasso Monastery, Lake Maggiore Italy

Reaction score

Clinging to a rock face directly overhanging the lake, the Hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso is certainly one of the most charming sights of Lago Maggiore. The entrance to the church is through a portico consisting of four round, renaissance-style arches. The structure of the current building is truly unique, the fusion of three chapels, originally built separately in three different eras. There are numerous pictorial cycles both inside and outside the Church, mainly covering the period running between the 14th and the 19th century. Art and history merge wonderfully in this most striking of natural frames, almost a balcony leaning out towards the Borromeo Gulf, Stresa and the islands.

Lake Maggiore is a long, thin lake on the south side of the Alps, shared by Italy’s Piedmont and Lombardy regions and Switzerland’s Ticino canton. It’s noted for its picturesque surroundings of greenery-filled mountains. The 3 tiny, popular Borromean Islands, with terraced gardens and aristocratic villas, can be reached by boat from Stresa, one of the larger lake towns, in Piedmont.

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Beautiful location! Nice flying too! I think I've used this same Dexter Britain track on some of my videos, love his music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko