Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Screws and Locktite

Reaction score
What's the best Locktite to get for the Inspie screws so they don't accidentally come out. Or should I take the unit to a merchant for advice as there is plastic and metal to think about. Tried searching the forum can't come up with any thing.

What's the best Locktite to get for the Inspie screws so they don't accidentally come out. Or should I take the unit to a merchant for advice as there is plastic and metal to think about. Tried searching the forum can't come up with any thing.

Thread locker is VERY aggressive towards most plastics so care is always needed when using the stuff.

For model AC and assuming you want to be able to remove the screws afterwards Loctite blue 242 is probably best.

DON'T whatever you do use the strong stuff or retaining compound or you will never get anything undone again :p

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Thanks for that Ed. yep still need to get em out I just don't want them falling out due to any vibration. Have read that some have become loose.

Thanks for that Ed. yep still need to get em out I just don't want them falling out due to any vibration. Have read that some have become loose.
Yeah, it is possible that vibration loosen some screws/bolts etc. That's why its a good idea to check over the aircraft after/before every flight. I also do a thorough check of all fastenings every 10hrs flight time.

Last edited:
On recent DJI aircraft screws already have locking compound applied, so best is to just leave it alone. Of course check tightening regularly, but don't take the screws out thinking you would want to add some if they're OK.

Even the screws you receive with accessories you mount yourself already have a dab pre-applied at the factory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare