Sd card I1

Reaction score
I was going to order a new SD card for my I1 ... But a little confused ... Can I use a SDXC class 10 U3 95mb/s or should I just go with a SDHC 64GB class 10 ... I'm not sure if there would be a big difference with the U1 and the U3 indication on the card... Can the camera on the I1 take advantages of the higher card ? Thanks

You need 85mb/s or higher for 4k recording. Class 10 varies between 40-95mb/s just look for the speed of the card.

You need 85mb/s or higher for 4k recording. Class 10 varies between 40-95mb/s just look for the speed of the card.
Hello Gigs ....
Thank you for your help... I 'm going to order the SanDisk extreme pro 64GB UHS-I/U3 SDXC with memory up to 95MBs

Reactions: Gigs
I still don't get what attracts pilots to larger cards. I run SanDisk Extreme 8gb cards since I swap them out with each battery. I DO go for the Extreme Fastest card I can get and pay about $12 each. IMHO, why 64gb?

good choice. Ive ordered a couple of these cheap PNY ones but still doing 90mb/s. I see a few guys already use them without issue in the I1.

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Turbo-Per...8&qid=1431297172&sr=8-3&keywords=microsd+64gb

That's a read speed

I still don't get what attracts pilots to larger cards. I run SanDisk Extreme 8gb cards since I swap them out with each battery. I DO go for the Extreme Fastest card I can get and pay about $12 each. IMHO, why 64gb?

While there's nothing wrong with your method, I'm guessing you could fill up an 8gb card in the flight time of a TB47 battery...so yes it makes sense, change sd card while changing battery. At $12 a piece though you're paying $96ish for a set of cards that you could've bought 1 for $60 and it would be faster in both read and write speeds.

That's a read speed

Minimum requirement for 4k write speed is 30MB/s. The PNY card does about 60 MB/s write which is actually faster than the Lexar card supplied with the I1 @ about 48 MB/s

8gb card is about $12. 64gb card is about $30, I dont have to keep swapping it with my batteries, its easier for me and user preference.

Each to his own... To me many small cards = a pain to manage and more risk of losing one or getting confused about what is on which. I prefer a big one I don't need to care about until the end of the day.

Reactions: sirnikolas

More cards more organization needed, more redundancy though.
I run Lexar x300 in UHD 4k. No Problems.
In gamer nerd terms.... Oh you have SLI GTX Titan x's for Mined Craft! nice Rig (completely Unnecessary).