Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second controller loss of signal

we find that when we use 2 controllers you need to lower the feed quality in order to maintain good quality on the 2nd controller. Were using 2 x Nvidia Shields. Even the low setting is more than enough for framing the shots etc

Thanks for the heads up, now I,ll just have to work that one out. Thanks

tap the hd signal icon and switch it to manual, choose a clear channel and then select the quality! Hopefully they will change it so you can have it select the channel and we just select the quality but you have to select the channel for now.

tap the hd signal icon and switch it to manual, choose a clear channel and then select the quality! Hopefully they will change it so you can have it select the channel and we just select the quality but you have to select the channel for now.
I also try a channel with the highest charting value, in gray portion of screen, with lowest value, ie -60 better than -80… Is this correct?

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Its the same as the Lightbridge setup, lower the bar the better.
Now I am confused. To test, I placed my Inspire a good distance away from my house without the props, and then started testing the various image transmission settings. I thought the good channels were green, bad were red. But the highest red channels give the best transmission signals. At least in a static setting, haven't tried this flying yet.
Edit:
Tried flight with red channel, went ok with good signal until approx distance on previous setup with green good channels then all of a sudden there was no signal, and my app froze, disconnected cable and restarted app, still no signal, went into transmission settings, changed to another channel, no signal then rth kicked in… successful landing, so much for experimentation. Guess I'll stick with auto until I figure this out.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
I always use Auto settings for the channels. I think the only time I would use Manual is if I were flying indoors in a contained dirty environment. Outdoors it makes no sense to use Manual. Conditions change during flight. If you fly out over 500m you will see a slight glitch as the channels switch over.

i have the dual controller set up as well and noticed when i got mine set up it was on channel 10 which showed the bars were green but fairly low. then i wen to the field and tested it and it was still on channel 10. i set it to manual after losing video signal on channel 10 to channel 17 which had a higher green bar. i assumed the red was noisy channels so i avoided those.
also,we were in napa near an A.M.radio tower and there were way more red bars and the green channels were mostly pretty low. the next time i flew again with 17 which was higher and flew over 2000' away with no video loss.
the second controller had an issue by the way most of the time when the master was set to 10.we flew again with both controllers and i noticed the second controller was still on 10. yesterday i flew with one controller and set ioc on as a test..i didn't check the channels as it seemed to be staying on 17 as i had set it to manual. this time i lost video signal when i got up to over 300 ft. and didn't get it back. i looked at the channel and it was set to channel one now..w.t.f?!! the green bar was almost nothing and so was the signal it seemed.
so if i am looking for a low green bar then why does it seem to work well with the higher green bar and not with the lower bar?
the other thing i don't get is why the second controller does not mimic the manual master setting?
one more weird issue is that before i set it to ioc i noticed that flight that the slave controller and master were on the same channel (17)..i can't figure this out. It does seem to work well when set to manual when the green bars are higher.

When I set a channel in manual, then go back to auto, the manual channel is still set in auto. When and how does auto select best channels?

Enjoy life and be nice

Guys,

Your over thinking this.. For one you cant find a clear channel at home and then expect it to be clear at the flying location. Leave it in Auto and it will scan for the best available channel every second or two.

IMHO, the only reason manual is there is to get the highest quality output for live streaming.

Reactions: crashburn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido