Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second Controller Video Lag

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post as an I1 owner and pilot!
I have been using an iPad Air 2 on my Master controller and an iPad Mini 2 on my Slave. The A2 runs perfectly with essentially no lag or video drops, however the Mini 2 lags pretty bad and drops video pretty bad. I asked the local DJI dealer about it and they said it's a bad cable. I've changed cables and swapped them out, still having the same issue using apple product or third party cables.
Is my issue the Slave Controller or perhaps the processing capability of the Mini 2? I have made sure all other apps on the Mini are closed and even done hard-resets on the tablet before starting the Pilot app.
Thanks for the help!
kyle

Hey guys, first post as an I1 owner and pilot!
I have been using an iPad Air 2 on my Master controller and an iPad Mini 2 on my Slave. The A2 runs perfectly with essentially no lag or video drops, however the Mini 2 lags pretty bad and drops video pretty bad. I asked the local DJI dealer about it and they said it's a bad cable. I've changed cables and swapped them out, still having the same issue using apple product or third party cables.
Is my issue the Slave Controller or perhaps the processing capability of the Mini 2? I have made sure all other apps on the Mini are closed and even done hard-resets on the tablet before starting the Pilot app.
Thanks for the help!
kyle
Same problem here but only when running it as slave

Skickat från min SHIELD Tablet via Tapatalk

I was having the same issue. It was only happening to the tablet not to the HDMI output. I had enabled "Hardware Decoding" haven't had time to test if that was the issue or not yet.

Not sure if you guys ever solved this but in the latest DJI App, go to the HD Settings and set the Channel to CUSTOM (Instead of AUTO) on the MASTER Inspire 1 controller. Your SLAVE controller(s) are automatically set to AUTO. If both the MASTER and SLAVE are set to AUTO then you will have video lag or a choppy signal going to the SLAVE controller through the lightning adapter port. I've tried this with an Iphone 6 Plus, Ipad Professional and Ipad Mini (3rd version) - all seem to be working fine until I switch the MASTER CONTROLLER setting back to AUTO. Note that the DEFAULT setting on the MASTER controller is set to AUTO from DJI. When adding SLAVE controllers, one needs to change the channel to AUTO on the MASTER Controller because of this.

We're always running our Inspires on Manual, and the slave is still unusable.

The last 3 times I used dual setup, I have had bad control lag and video break up on slave reported by my camera ops. Really need to find a fix for this as it defeats the whole point of the (expensive) setup.
I only saw this happening in more recent firmware updates... v1.9.1.30

Not sure if you guys ever solved this but in the latest DJI App, go to the HD Settings and set the Channel to CUSTOM (Instead of AUTO) on the MASTER Inspire 1 controller. Your SLAVE controller(s) are automatically set to AUTO. If both the MASTER and SLAVE are set to AUTO then you will have video lag or a choppy signal going to the SLAVE controller through the lightning adapter port. I've tried this with an Iphone 6 Plus, Ipad Professional and Ipad Mini (3rd version) - all seem to be working fine until I switch the MASTER CONTROLLER setting back to AUTO. Note that the DEFAULT setting on the MASTER controller is set to AUTO from DJI. When adding SLAVE controllers, one needs to change the channel to AUTO on the MASTER Controller because of this.

i know its an old post and please excuse my ignorance but i do not understand what you are saying...
i am not native english. i exchanged the internal 5.8Ghz to a separate antenna...
seems to work ok... but i would still like to understand your solution please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont