Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sectional Chart

Reaction score
F6C33E44-0611-44D0-A456-B5D1BB9B4DC4.jpeg 827BFD2D-927C-4B61-AC5F-670F42A1EE2E.jpeg https://cessnachick.com/525-2/

The large purple circle and purple surrounding Syracuse i’m stuck. WTH?

Also when taking the test, is it a plus to study the region I’ll be testing from?

What is the practice question? Those purple shades and circles aren’t on the actual sectional. Seems like the test is highlighting those areas in order to ask you something specific about those areas?

Reactions: CSpenceFLY
What is the practice question? Those purple shades and circles aren’t on the actual sectional. Seems like the test is highlighting those areas in order to ask you something specific about those areas?

Morning D

I was using that online chart for practice until I stop by Tompkins Regional today.

But I can’t figure out the purple. The way I figure, if it’s on the chart i should know it.

No practice questions. I was just pulling up charts and digging in. Knowledge is key.

If it was Blue I could probably make sense of it. It being Purple just confused me.

Maybe it’s just the sky vector chart.

Morning D

I was using that online chart for practice until I stop by Tompkins Regional today.

But I can’t figure out the purple. The way I figure, if it’s on the chart i should know it.

No practice questions. I was just pulling up charts and digging in. Knowledge is key.
You can see live sectionals for free online at iflightplanner.com

Reactions: slim.slamma
Compass Headings

0° North
90° East
180° South
270° West

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.50.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.50.53 PM.png
    683.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.53.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.53.05 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Are you asking what the answer is? Or if your drawing is correct? Your drawing is right on. Even though it's more like North East of the runway, it's definitely not south nor west.

Regarding regional knowledge. Definitely no. They definitely don't ask sectional questions based on the region you're taking the test. So you'll want to get to know the sectional. Personally rather than making remote pilots have to learn sectionals in such depth, it would be better to create an app (which there are several already) that pilots can use that just tell them whether or not they can fly in a specific area and at what altitude.

Answers is A

That was a tough one for me! Do you have any not so easy quiz questions?
I enjoyed figuring that one out. Math is cool!
They definitely don't ask sectional questions based on the region you're taking the test.
10:4. ****
ersonally rather than making remote pilots have to learn sectionals in such depth, it would be better to create an app (which there are several already)
I wouldn’t mind cheating with regional prep to taking the test but as @licensed pilot stated “remote pilots need to understand sectionals” actually I’m enjoying. Overkill perhaps.

Appreciate you stopping by and saying hello Steve;)

Last edited:
View attachment 20321 View attachment 20320 https://cessnachick.com/525-2/

The large purple circle and purple surrounding Syracuse i’m stuck. WTH?

Also when taking the test, is it a plus to study the region I’ll be testing from?
You have Class C Airspace "Solid Magenta" and Class E airspace in the big Circle you made on the Chart, not sure what you are stuck with?? To answer your second question there are to the best of my knowledge no specific questions on the test about Syracuse NY, I took the test and passed it with 93% Try purchasing the Kings School prep course it's really good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamwork82