Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sensor cleaning??

Sensor should be the last thing You clean. Be very carefull. If see very sharp dust particles In Your images, then dust particles should be near sensor, If particles seem to be out of focus, look your lens or filter etc. If You dont see anything In your images, I would say forget the cleaning.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I dial the air pressure down to less than 5 lbs. on my air compressor and blow any dust particles off if/when necessary. I make sure there’s no moisture in the lines or tank before I do it.
This is the last resort and I don’t recommend it unless it’s the only way to remove the dust from the sensor. Before I even try this method I use a air bulb squeeze tool.

My preferred method of cleaning is to not look at the sensor and assume that it is clean. I know this might seem like an unhelpful comment, but I think it is important to note for those on this board who don't have experience dealing with sensors that the best policy is to not touch the sensor unless absolutely necessary.
You’re absolutely right! It’s the last thing that you should be cleaning but my point was that if you do have to clean it be very careful.

You’re absolutely right! It’s the last thing that you should be cleaning but my point was that if you do have to clean it be very careful.
I agree, sensor cleaning should be left to experts unless you know what to do. I've some experience in this field, I just asked the question in case there was a method accepted as most common by majority of x5s owners. Thanks to everyone.

Rocket blower and Visible Dust swabs world very well for me. I’ve been using this method for all my cameras.

You actually use those methods to clean your sensor? I’ve been told that you should never physically touch the sensor with anything other than an air bulb.
Sensors are getting cleaned regularly (on as needed basis) in digital cameras without a problem. Know methods are dry and wet. For wet cleaning there are fluids available on the market such as Eclipse and various swabs. All of those methods have been used for many years with great success and if you are careful and use any of those methods wisely and gently there is no need to be worried. I always start with blower, then Arctic Butterfly and if those fail I use dry swabs and very rarely wet method. On DSLR cameras there is a chance of microscopic oil dropplets getting on sensor from the moving mechanisms inside of the mirror chamber and the only way to clean those is a wet method. My CPS have wet cleaned sensors on many of my cameras over many years. I used to do it myself on my Canon 1DsMKII and never damaged the sensor. BTW it is not the actual sensor you are cleaning but only the top protective glass over the sensor itself. There are several glass filters in front of the sensor itself and what you are cleaning is a filter not unlike any other filter such a protective UV filter many commonly use on camera lenses.

Last edited:
Sensors are getting cleaned regularly (on as needed basis) in digital cameras without a problem. Know methods are dry and wet. For wet cleaning there are fluids available on the market such as Eclipse and various swabs. All of those methods have been used for many years with great success and if you are careful and use any of those methods wisely and gently there is no need to be worried. I always start with blower, then Arctic Butterfly and if those fail I use dry swabs and very rarely wet method. On DSLR cameras there is a chance of microscopic oil dropplets getting on sensor from the moving mechanisms inside of the mirror chamber and the only way to clean those is a wet method. My CPS have wet cleaned sensors on many of my cameras over many years. I used to do it myself on my Canon 1DsMKII and never damaged the sensor. BTW it is not the actual sensor you are cleaning but only the top protective glass over the sensor itself. There are several glass filters in front of the sensor itself and what you are cleaning is a filter not unlike any other filter such a protective UV filter many commonly use on camera lenses.

There is glass in front of the sensor and assumes that you all cleaned a window at some point without breaking it?
Have cleaned my cameras myself for many years and used "Visible dust" with good results.

Swabs and cleaning liquid.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry