Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shooting inside a church

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to share with you something I noticed today while I was shooting inside a church. I noticed this problem during the ascent and descent perpendicular to the dome. I made a perfectly vertical climb with the camera facing the wall. Then checking this footage to the computer, I noticed that the video had some horizontal black bands (large approx 2 cm). The second time that I have the same problem.. For the shooting I used a DJI X5 24 fps with first lens 15mm f / 1.7. Can anyone tell me what is it and how can I fix it?

Last edited:
I don't know the problem is the shutter speed. It was at 1/25, but if I try at 1/60 or more the problem is accentuated more.

each question will help us to find the solution. The landing gear was raised. Sure

Yes, maybe fluorescent lighting is the problem.
I will try again, with different shutter speed.

definitely the lighting and/or light interacting with props. Not sure if there is a solution though. You can try the same shot from ground without motors on (holding i1 by hand) and see if you get that banding. if you do, then it has something to do with the 60hz (if you're in US) lighting vs framers tell chosen. If banding is gone, then it has something to do with the lighting and the spinning props in which case a lens shield may help.

step by step, thanks to your advice, we are finding the solution to the problem.
In fact it is a problem of flicker.
As suggested by Steve, I checked the setting of the anti-flicker section. I have noticed that the "Anti-Flicker" option is grayed out. I see it does not allow me to click and It does not allow me to change option.it is locked at 50 hz. Could you check if this option is blocked in your Inspire?

After several trial now I can enter into option Anti-Flicker.
I have set in auto. The next week I will try again into the church.

@Bob, I see the problem also without props into my house.
Today I will try again in anti-flickering (mode auto)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william76931