Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shooting Inside A Stadium

Reaction score
Hi all, after some technical help, as we approached a soccer stadium for a request to film (obviously when stadium empty) which was granted, but the amount of RF interference was unbelievable. We went to just look and had the Inspire with us so thought we would take some test footage, but the interference was unreal. I tested with my Phantom 3 too and the channel meter was all over the place.

Any thoughts on this??

Would note, there was a geofence there too, so couldn't fly but was a controlled environment and we are CAA certified.

Wondering if this a common problem and if anyone has any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Hi all, after some technical help, as we approached a soccer stadium for a request to film (obviously when stadium empty) which was granted, but the amount of RF interference was unbelievable. We went to just look and had the Inspire with us so thought we would take some test footage, but the interference was unreal. I tested with my Phantom 3 too and the channel meter was all over the place.

Any thoughts on this??

Would note, there was a geofence there too, so couldn't fly but was a controlled environment and we are CAA certified.

Wondering if this a common problem and if anyone has any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Other than the obvious and the stadium having public WiFi it could be that the bowl of the stadium is actually acting like an RF reflector with signals bouncing off the walls like crazy causing multipath interference.
The spectrum analyser in the app is not really of any great use and your best bet would be to get something like an RF Explorer. They are incredibly well spec'd for the cost. This should tell you exactly what's going on and where the notch frequencies reside.

RF Explorer – Low-Cost, Handheld, RF Spectrum Analyzers

Thank you very much.

I'm a land surveyor by trade and gps spoofing is a coming problem that can be dealt with. The RF inference is both an issue we need to resolve and also something that doesn't seems to be able to be dealt with because of the infrastructure.

To be continued!

Reactions: DamesNY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44