Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Signal Booster for Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to extend the signal for the Inspire 2. I want to buy a Cendence Controller soon. I live in Europe and on ebay I found lots of Signal Extenders for the Inspire 1 (standard controller). Do you guys know if it's also working with the Cendence Controller? Or would you suggest another antenna instead of a signal reflector? Thank you!

They look like this:

I know those folding parabolic boosters look cheezie, but I routinely achieve a 25% range increase using them. It's your best "bang for the buck" investment. And because they fold, I can store them in my Inspire OEM case AND my P4P OEM case.

D

These will work with any controller because it simply amasses signal that would be directed laterally and redirects it out the front... be aware however that some of the designs/hacks on the www are inaccurate... for this to work you need a parabola not a semi-circle, so cutting a Pringle can in half won't work. On my P3 4K it worked wonders - I am now doing commercial work and all within VLOS so no need... and my Inspire 2 and P4P's routinely get 2 miles no problem... My Mavic even further... Be aware also that this then makes your antennae very directional... make sure you keep pointed toward the bird or you may disconnect... Aloha and good luck...

Hi,

I'd like to extend the signal for the Inspire 2. I want to buy a Cendence Controller soon. I live in Europe and on ebay I found lots of Signal Extenders for the Inspire 1 (standard controller). Do you guys know if it's also working with the Cendence Controller? Or would you suggest another antenna instead of a signal reflector? Thank you!

They look like this:

It's all about maintaining VLOS, even if - in reality - you'll not see your bird at 500m distance. With Patch Antenna attached to Cendence I was able to fly 6km away and Inspire requested RTH due to calculated fuel left. But the Patch Antenna must be aimed at the drone precisely and no obstruction of any kind in between can be present. The same will apply to standard omnidirectional sticks modified with these cheap eBay reflectors. So, you're more limited by battery capacity and laws than anything else. Personally I wouldn't mess with Cendence trying to install any active electronic amplifiers.

Last edited:
These will work with any controller because it simply amasses signal that would be directed laterally and redirects it out the front... be aware however that some of the designs/hacks on the www are inaccurate... for this to work you need a parabola not a semi-circle, so cutting a Pringle can in half won't work. On my P3 4K it worked wonders - I am now doing commercial work and all within VLOS so no need... and my Inspire 2 and P4P's routinely get 2 miles no problem... My Mavic even further... Be aware also that this then makes your antennae very directional... make sure you keep pointed toward the bird or you may disconnect... Aloha and good luck...

Agreed with emphasis on "...keep pointed toward the bird or you may disconnect...."

D

It's all about maintaining VLOS, even if - in reality - you'll not see your bird at 500m distance. With Patch Antenna attached to Cendence I was able to fly 6km away and Inspire requested RTH due to calculated fuel left. But the Patch Antenna must be aimed at the drone precisely and no obstruction of any kind in between can be present. The same will apply to standard omnidirectional sticks modified with these cheap eBay reflectors. So, you're more limited by battery capacity and laws than anything else. Personally I wouldn't mess with Cendence trying to install any active electronic amplifiers.

An active electronic amplifier would be a small device messing around with electric, is that correct? I can't damage the Cendence controller if I just install a patch antenna right?

Thank you!

@Hawaii Aerial Visions LLC: I know that they work with any controller, I was just thinking if the holes of the signal reflector are not too big or small for the antennas of the Cendence controller :)

Reactions: slim.slamma
An active electronic amplifier would be a small device messing around with electric, is that correct? I can't damage the Cendence controller if I just install a patch antenna right?

Thank you!

@Hawaii Aerial Visions LLC: I know that they work with any controller, I was just thinking if the holes of the signal reflector are not too big or small for the antennas of the Cendence controller :)
Correct. I haven't heard about any attempts to install 3rd party reflectors or active antenna on Cendence. Patch Antenna, on other hand, is actually an active antenna amplifier, but it's developed by DJI specifically for Cendence. You can't go wrong with this option.

Does anyone have any experience with this antenna?

Does anyone have any experience with this antenna?

I'm surprised to see this product on Dronelabs list. Call them for availability, because for what I know this idea was abandoned long time ago and is nowhere to find.

Thank you!

In europe signal strength is limited by law to lower watts so the go4app will adjust the parameters depending on where you are. Also not legal there are ways around it ....

Hello...as per my experience with the signal booster you have to be careful when using these devices. You have a couple of things going on when using a reflector. 1. The signal becomes somewhat directional. 2. Power is reflected back into the antenna and to the final in the transmitter.

quick full pcb assembly services

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips