Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Simulator in latest version of Pilot App?

Reaction score
Please let me know if I am I being stupid, but where is the flight simulator in the latest version of the Pilot App? It seems they have added the new Director feature, but I can't see a link to the Academy section where the simulator used to be found?

Also, whilst we're at it, any idea why the AEB bracketed photo option would now be greyed out (not clickable)?

Last edited:
It's gone in the Android app though. previous version it was under the Academy. Why would DJI take it away?
Got me an iPad Mini2 anyhow so it doesn't bother me personally.
Just wondering and it's a shame for the Android users.

It's gone in the Android app though. previous version it was under the Academy. Why would DJI take it away?
Got me an iPad Mini2 anyhow so it doesn't bother me personally.
Just wondering and it's a shame for the Android users.
It has NEVER been in any android version.

Strange, when I installed the android app, from google play store, right after getting my Inspire, on my samsung phone, I recall seeing the simulator under the academy tab. That was on may 6th. An hour later the latest update was posted by DJI. After updating everything it was gone.
I didn't have a ipad at that moment and it was the very first time I ever looked at this app on any device. So how can I have seen the simulator? I didn't even know it was part of the IOS app. I was pleasantly surprised to find it on my samsung and was disappointed to find it gone after the upgrade.

The next day I bought a Ipad Mini2 specially for the Pilot app and installed the latest IOS version where I couldn't even find Academy, let alone the simulator, until I found it under the help button in the start screen, after reading on this forum.

If it was never in the android version, how can I even know it used to be in the academy section?

Mysterious, maybe there was a wrong version posted that day on the play store, that DJI pulled an hour later, and replaced with the one we have now?

EDIT - I might just as well mixed things up in my memory after doing all the upgrades and seeing screen shots of the IOS version. My bad.:oops:

Last edited:
Ah Ha! Not that obvious though, I never thought of clicking the question mark because that was there in the old version (and didn't contain much). Cheers

I have version 1.1.1. and there is no question mark anywhere in the app. No other indication on how to enter simulator mode.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yeap and still wonder why we have all these updates and no flightsimulator.
Also have not updated 'till the latest version.Don't need that photo editing stuff on my tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop