Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slowly getting disappointed in the lack of Inspire Features

Reaction score
I've had my Inspire for about 3 months now and absolutely love flying - very cool and very stable - I am however getting disappointed in the lack of progress from DJI on certain "App" features I would have expected by now.

For instance, the ability to circle around a POI and the "follow me" feature - how long do we have to wait? Seems like every day now some other drone company is coming out with drones capable of pulling off these features, yet no word from DJI. I think some of these "cinematic" features are what's going to start differentiating the market.

It seems they have enough bandwidth to crank out the P3, but have yet to supply features that were originally demoed on the Inspire.

I understand there's supposed to be an SDK released soon, but I'm not sure how well that's all going to work out either - the App seems very complex and controls much of what your drone is doing in flight, do I really want to trust that to some third party app developer that's using the SDK? I'd prefer some of these core features be added to the official app - but maybe I'm being too cautious.

Believe me, I've been practicing - but just not that smooth and tough to control the camera at the same time. Plus my comment isn't just about one feature, it's really more about the slow pace of any new features being added while I seem to see them popping up right and left on other platforms. Actually I would even appreciate some idea of timeline?

Alright, not to disappoint or anything, but you may or may not see anything further for the Inspire. With a price drop approaching it's apparent to me that the inspire is on it's way out. Some will agree, some won't but regardless I imagine DJI's inspire techs are hard at work on the inspire 2.

So if we see any new features, cool, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Reactions: Lucan
Alright, not to disappoint or anything, but you may or may not see anything further for the Inspire. With a price drop approaching it's apparent to me that the inspire is on it's way out. Some will agree, some won't but regardless I imagine DJI's inspire techs are hard at work on the inspire 2.

Inspire 2? I hope they won´t put it out for sale until min next year with a whole lot more features like flir cam (optional) or some other camera with 6K or zoomable lens... P3 is something like the samsung galaxy S3 I believe until the S4 came out.. Samsung normally releases nuew units every two years and every second the units are a blast... but they also have to come out with something to contra the competition... like iPhone 5 and 5S... same phone but one is a bit less better... you won´t get the inspire 1 pilot app working on it like on the 5S but it´s still the same phone... and if one won´t tell you then you will never know.
P3 and I1 are similar but never the same and I1 will have a zillion more features since it is a modular design and I really doubt that a billion dollar company (by now) will dump a platform that has earned them that step to be a billion dollar company... I1 will be best in it´s class and I really hope I am right and also hope they will wait with the I2 for a bit so we can earn our money with the investment we put into the ours for a start.

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Inspire 2? I hope they won´t put it out for sale until min next year with a whole lot more features like flir cam (optional) or some other camera with 6K or zoomable lens... P3 is something like the samsung galaxy S3 I believe until the S4 came out.. Samsung normally releases nuew units every two years and every second the units are a blast... but they also have to come out with something to contra the competition... like iPhone 5 and 5S... same phone but one is a bit less better... you won´t get the inspire 1 pilot app working on it like on the 5S but it´s still the same phone... and if one won´t tell you then you will never know.
P3 and I1 are similar but never the same and I1 will have a zillion more features since it is a modular design and I really doubt that a billion dollar company (by now) will dump a platform that has earned them that step to be a billion dollar company... I1 will be best in it´s class and I really hope I am right and also hope they will wait with the I2 for a bit so we can earn our money with the investment we put into the ours for a start.

Why is it hard to believe that a billion dollar company would dump a product to produce a new and what could be perceived as much better? Think about that for second, since when does a company stay loyal to it's customer base, it's the other way around, even apple is like this. We've proven to them that they have a customer base by buying the inspire 1. Let's say for (for argument sake) that they announce the inspire 2 this fall or winter for a release in early 2016 and the features are UH-mazing, full mft based camera platform that shoots 200mbps 4k @ 60fps, 2.7k 150mbps @120fps, 1080 100mbps @ 240fps, probably some sort of RAW video mode FHD @ 60fps thats shot in apple prores or cinema dng (this is all speculation here though, I'm just making these up based off what I would like to see) and so on, even down to announcing the release of the FLIR system, none of which is supposedly designed to work on the inspire 1. Would you still buy the Inspire 2? You have to remember a lot of people aren't using the inspire for commercial purposes so making the money back isn't their concern, that's your problem.

With NAB announcing some pretty amaze balls products so far, DJI is really gonna get a run for their money, which is a good thing, if they want to stay the dominant drone company in the market they need to step up with their game...While I wasn't happy with the p3 announcement (it getting all of our feature more or less) It is a step in the right direction to them building some very high end systems. With actual camera companies building their own systems that can provide much higher quality imaging than DJI is capable of it forces them to make partnerships with camera companies to provide the camera end of their systems (FLIR, Panasonic, etc) The Inspire 2 could prove to be very awesome.

Last edited:

Where are you getting all of this amazing info from?

Can you tell me this week's lottery numbers too?

Where are you getting all of this amazing info from?

Can you tell me this week's lottery numbers too?

It's not hard to figure out, it's a pattern repeated over and over again with any tech company. It's like I said they are gonna get a run for their money this year and next and after that and so on, they step up their game now or they severely fall behind so to keep going on this could include dumping product lines (inspire included) to focus on newer and better technology (inspire 2). Apparently you decided to skip over my "some will agree, some won't" and I meant that, I'm not asking anybody to believe what I'm saying, it's all speculation and nothing more but it is my opinion. The UAV industry is on a complete boom right now and until it starts to flatten (like cell phones) we will continue to see new and better products and it's all about timing, a misfire could mean you're too late and you know DJI wants to stay ahead of the curve here, why settle now? To make you or the next person happy? I don't think so.

Why continue building upon a product that is essentially obsolete....or very close to being so.

13 17 34 55 67 07 - good luck!

for what i said i didnt mean that i2 wont be there i just said that out of my point of view it does not seem realistic to rush up to the front like that. i1 and p3 are similar things but meant for different things. flyability and stability is different in both platforms as we can read is many posts... i think i1 will evolve and when times comes the i2 will be the bigger brother or just an upgrade but i doubt that they will stop i1 prod anytime soon.

i think they was busy finishing p3, and now that they released it, will focus on apps, couse at the end, its the same for both and they are offering even more applications for p3

they still dont even did 1 extra thing for our famous "modular" option, not even the handheld system was release even announcing it a few months ago, so i really hope to see nice improvements from now on

Seems like every day now some other drone company is coming out with drones capable of pulling off these features
Have a closer look... almost all of the comparable competitors boasting that aren't even out yet and may not be available before months. At least we have our Inspires and can fly them...

It's not hard to figure out, it's a pattern repeated over and over again with any tech company. It's like I said they are gonna get a run for their money this year and next and after that and so on, they step up their game now or they severely fall behind so to keep going on this could include dumping product lines (inspire included) to focus on newer and better technology (inspire 2). Apparently you decided to skip over my "some will agree, some won't" and I meant that, I'm not asking anybody to believe what I'm saying, it's all speculation and nothing more but it is my opinion. The UAV industry is on a complete boom right now and until it starts to flatten (like cell phones) we will continue to see new and better products and it's all about timing, a misfire could mean you're too late and you know DJI wants to stay ahead of the curve here, why settle now? To make you or the next person happy? I don't think so.

Why continue building upon a product that is essentially obsolete....or very close to being so.

13 17 34 55 67 07 - good luck!
Hope that those numbers are correct!:D So then I can buy aP3,Inspire 2 and will buy the same for you

No inspire 2... Just give it some time.. Why do you think they made it modular?

He hasn't said anything that isn't already very obvious about each one...I hope that I am wrong, I hope I am dead wrong I would like to see the Inspire 1 run it's full course, we've all spent a lot of money on them.

I would be all on board for them to make use of more camera options but I can't deny the fact that it may not happen in the inspire 1's lifetime.

I'm just more of a prepare for the worst but if the best scenario comes along great kinda person though. Which is why I never ask anybody to agree with anything I say...ever.

Have a closer look... almost all of the comparable competitors boasting that aren't even out yet and may not be available before months. At least we have our Inspires and can fly them...

And this is exactly right, we have them now so might as well use them, it's not like I shelved my Inspire

Last edited:
I think I found a way to make the 360's.

For some reason, I had a perimeter of 250m the other day .. Nothing I set consciously anyway.

I flew away and got into the 250m wall. The drone makes a 90 degree turn and begins to make a perfect circle to the left.
I have not tested this but if you set an outer limit of say 20m, so it should make a nice circle. But it may just be a problem that you need to be in the middle .. :)

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
what the i1 is lacking is solo camera and flight control that is easy, and the ground station. 2 things, not much and we're kinda promissed 1 of those. i found a way around the b.s. second controller gimbal control with just another joystick and if they release the ground station then i think there is only a few things to look forward to in the I2.

i would suspect the i2 will probably have the gimbal retract up and down rather then move all that crap with the motors and props up and down to clear the camera. makes sense, less moving parts is always better.

4 independent tilt rotors like the O-spray, just with 4. less power for forward flight, maneuvering, could be looking at top speeds around 100 easy and over 30 minuet flight times with the small battery. even smother platform because just the rotors would be tilting, not the entire aircraft to stop and turn.

i would prey they would make a new transmitter that looks like a playstation or xbox controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko