Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart power charge for inspire 1 charging cord

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am very new to this forum and I don't know if I'm able to post this question here. So please bare with me. Anyway I have recently bought a used smart powercharge for the inspire 1 which is able to charge and deep cycle 4 batteries at once along with charging two dji remote controls at the same time. My smart powercharge works perfectly fine but it did not come with the cords to charge the remote controls. Does anyone know where I could buy two or anyone have two for sale. Or does anyone know a replacement cable that would work. I have searched and googled and fell short of finding anything. I have also reached out to the manufacturer by email several times but no response. If anyone could help me, or direct where I could find two cords or replacement cords that would work that would be greatly appreciated. Any information or help would be very helpful. And if you have two cords for sale please let me know. Thank you for your time and have a great day

That's going to be tough because that cable is a VERY odd beast. The good news is that both ends - though different from one another - are both simple barrel plugs. Finding the plugs should be a piece of cake. That said, I'd say it would be easier to make one than to try to find one for sale. In fact, having no spares myself, it would behoove me to make one.

Oh...and that charger will charge SIX batteries simultaneously, not 4.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: Jim Weist
That's going to be tough because that cable is a VERY odd beast. The good news is that both ends - though different from one another - are both simple barrel plugs. Finding the plugs should be a piece of cake. That said, I'd say it would be easier to make one than to try to find one for sale. In fact, having no spares myself, it would behoove me to make one.

Good luck.

D
Thank you. I have been looking all over and hopefully to find two for sale. I have reached out to the manufacturer several times and got nothing in return. I'll definitely look into maybe making it myself although I'm not so experienced in doing so. But please keep me in mind if you find a couple for sale or know where I could find some. Thank you very much and have a great day

Good luck.

D
Hello Donnie
Do you have a source for those barrel plugs. I can’t find that size anywhere.
Thanks

Hello Donnie
Do you have a source for those barrel plugs. I can’t find that size anywhere.
Thanks
If you can tell me the sizes (full spec's), I can probably find them. You'll have to do some digging to get that information.

D

Ok. But I’ve looked everywhere and can tell you it’s not a common type. It bought what’s usually offered up for catv cameras and the like, but it’s about 2x too small.

Reactions: Bolduan
Ok. But I’ve looked everywhere and can tell you it’s not a common type. It bought what’s usually offered up for catv cameras and the like, but it’s about 2x too small.
"Looked everywhere" for the barrel plug specifications? Or "looked everywhere" for the cable?

As I stated in my previous comment, you'll have to make a custom cable, as the 2 barrel plugs are different from one another. If you are just willy nilly buying up cables hoping to stumble across a working cable, be prepared for a very large cable investment over a long period of time.

I am no smarter than you are. But I AM more diligent. But I'm not going to do your research for you. I pointed you in the right direction. Get the barrel plug spec's and post them. A VERY quick Google search came up with this photo (found on eBay). Once you know the spec, finding the plugs should be easy.

1624544006589.png

Here's another eBay photo:
1624544400842.png

And finally, a Wikipedia primer on how to size a barrel plug:

Now run with it. Be free....like a young boy running through a field of grass....

D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters