Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart Power Charge Prop Guards Review

Scotflieger, I've noticed some strings or wires attached to these guards. What's the purpose of this modification? To damp some vibrations perhaps, I'm guessing?

Locking the guards together with the piece of string as you put it, is a part of the structural integrity of the prop guards.. a gentle bump at best they are good for... i would never put prop guards on my Inspires ... let see someone fly into a wall doing just 10mph and see what happens....

Scotflieger, I've noticed some strings or wires attached to these guards. What's the purpose of this modification? To damp some vibrations perhaps, I'm guessing?
These are elastic ties with looped ends that help keep the guards aligned and increase the rigidity. There is not much clearance between the blades and guards.

I do inspection work with my inspire. These prop guards are vehicle savers! I can get up to project, actually touch it and anchor with a little thrust, and see molecules waving in the wind!! I certainly wouldn't want to hit them with any speed, but for my needs they work perfectly. The color coded rubber band connectors keep mine perfectly aligned, even though the geometry changes as the landing gear goes transitions.

I think they are good for some but I really think over priced. Would be good for when you are taking pictures close to a building or flying indoors. I found a set much cheaper and look about the same as these. When I get them I will let you all know.
How did you go with the ones you bought?

I went to buy the SPC prop guards but it came up with an astronomical shipping amount of $229.38 via UPS to Melbourne Australia with no option for Fedex :(

How did you go with the ones you bought?

I went to buy the SPC prop guards but it came up with an astronomical shipping amount of $229.38 via UPS to Melbourne Australia with no option for Fedex :(

The prop guards offered by Smart Power Charger are $80. They work fine...although I have not used them with my X5...scared about the extra weight on my converted Inspire 1.

SmartPowerCharge.com Site Product Detail Page

The Smart Power Charge guards are off-set and protect the front and sides much better than the Maytech-style. Just look at their videos. I am still chasing Smart Charge to do something about the shipping to Australia. It's crazy that they charge $US208. I had a whole Inspire Pro shipped here by B and H for $123 by UPS, the same agent that Smart Power use. Anyone prepared for me to have them shipped to them in the US and then post them to us in Australia? WDYT Sir Nik?

Hi Nick. Smart charger say that don't have an order from Rise Above. If I order two sets, the shipping is the same. Are you in it if I order direct. The landed price is $A160 for you.
Sounds good mate. I want the accessory kit for it too.
Where abouts are you located?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry