Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SOLVED: Could upgrade AC but not Tx

Reaction score
So I tried to upgrade the Inspire today and it was not without its drama. I was successfully able to upgrade the aircraft (although it didn't restart or show the status on the app), but after upgrading the remote I got a red light. The text file on the SD card said something along the lines of "failed to recognize firmware version". Interestingly enough, the Slave remote loaded just fine.

I had re attempted to upgrade the Master remote 5 times before I broke down and went to the website for help. I got on their live chat at 9pm, and although it directed me to email I texted for help and got a response. After some troubleshooting with Chinese (I'm assuming) tech support, he gave me a file that I loaded onto the SD card and then the Master remote. It took the first time and I got a green light! I restarted the aircraft, got the "Safe to fly GPS" (in my house), and a live camera feed. My Slave remote connected right up to the Master.

This "magic" file was differently named than the others. I took the Inspire for a night test flight and had no anomalies during flight. Thought I would share to save someone else the headache.

TLDR: Couldn't upgrade remote, tech support gave me a file to upgrade it with and it worked perfectly!

So I tried to upgrade the Inspire today and it was not without its drama. I was successfully able to upgrade the aircraft (although it didn't restart or show the status on the app), but after upgrading the remote I got a red light. The text file on the SD card said something along the lines of "failed to recognize firmware version". Interestingly enough, the Slave remote loaded just fine.

I had re attempted to upgrade the Master remote 5 times before I broke down and went to the website for help. I got on their live chat at 9pm, and although it directed me to email I texted for help and got a response. After some troubleshooting with Chinese (I'm assuming) tech support, he gave me a file that I loaded onto the SD card and then the Master remote. It took the first time and I got a green light! I restarted the aircraft, got the "Safe to fly GPS" (in my house), and a live camera feed. My Slave remote connected right up to the Master.

This "magic" file was differently named than the others. I took the Inspire for a night test flight and had no anomalies during flight. Thought I would share to save someone else the headache.

TLDR: Couldn't upgrade remote, tech support gave me a file to upgrade it with and it worked perfectly!
I am right where you were Alexander. Can you share the file you received from tech support?

I Updated the latest firmware to the aircraft no problem. Then I tried till all my hair went grey to update the RC, but nothing. The light on the remote stays solid red. I tried multiple SD cards with just the .17.bin firmware update file, even reformatting and re-extracting the zip download multiple times. Tried using hard wired USB transfer from gimbal as well as USB card reader plugged into remote and it was working just fine on old .16.bin version yesterday (got the drone mid-February, so that was the factory installed version). Now the RC/drone won't connect.

I read earlier in this thread to have the aircraft powered "on" before inserting the micro-USB into gimbal, but the gyro tries to fight me when I'm manually trying to stabilize the camera to insert the cable. I am afraid I might damage the gyro, since I've never seen any official instructions to connect it when aircraft is booted up. Besides I think I might have tried that once already. Regarding the App, does anyone know if there would be benefit to re-installing that or is there a way to upgrade it, or would that even matter?

I even tried the " gs_ofdm.bin " put onto a different formatted SD card to "unbrick" the remote, then tried to re-install the new firmware bin file...nothing. I have tried listening with my ear on the controller during attempted installation to see if I could here the hard drive spinning up or clicking. I didn't here much beyond a background humm. It's like the controller system doesn't recognize the USB port for downloading files.

I hope this is a dumb question, but I am supposed to be using the same regular sized USB port on the controller that my Ipad plugs into (the far right one when looking down on the RC from the top in operating position) and not the micro-USB, right? Obviously, then the Ipad and downloading cable can't be plugged into the remote simultaneously.

Lastly, and sorry for the long post, would there be any advantage in the short-term to re-install the old .16.bin firmware file back into the drone, so hopefully they can be compatible? Is that even possible to go back? Is each firmware edition an incremental update or a complete re-write? Too many questions Sorry. Thanks in advance.

Iam in the same boat. I read the pdf and watched the tutorial on updating the inspire. When I posted on the inspire it updated without asking me. I tried updating the controller next by a few ways provided and is doing nothing

I am also in desperate need of the "magic firmware update" file. My kingdom for (a horse) THE MAGIC FILE!!! I will give you my first born male child!!

Aside from the magic file. One thing to try - this may NOT be your own issue - I could not upgrade my remote firmware. I had a SD card reader attached to the remote via a USB cable with the firmware on it. It did NOTHING. As soon as I loaded the firmware onto a USB memory STICK, and plugged that in, it immediately began updating. After speaking with TS, they said "yes, we have heard of certain SD card readers not being recognized". So, just saying, if you are having no success with the remote firmware, please try a USB flash drive.

Try putting the .bin file on the original SD card that came with the system, then do the update.

I was having issues, finally tried that, and it worked for me.

Doesn't make sense...but, it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop