Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

[Solved] Inspire 1v2 ... loose large nut on arm ... no set screw?

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I have looked everywhere here for an answer so I'm posting a help request.
On my Inspire 1v2, I noticed that the large nut on one of the arms was loose, not tight and there is a threaded bore for a set screw but no set screw. The other side's nut is tight and has a set screw.
So ... should there be a setscrew? I read that loose is OK, but without a set screw, it seems that the large nut could unwind completely.
Photo attached.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_9948.jpg
    IMG_9948.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi Friends,
I have looked everywhere here for an answer so I'm posting a help request.
On my Inspire 1v2, I noticed that the large nut on one of the arms was loose, not tight and there is a threaded bore for a set screw but no set screw. The other side's nut is tight and has a set screw.
So ... should there be a setscrew? I read that loose is OK, but without a set screw, it seems that the large nut could unwind completely.
Photo attached.
Thanks for your help.
I checked 4 arms I have and they all have set screws, so I would say yeah there should be one there. Also I took my setscrew out and still cant turn, not sure if this is glued or not, probably not a bad idea to make sure there is a screw..

Thanks, Friend. That's exactly what I needed to know. I will bring the aircraft into the hardware store tomorrow and see if I can fit a set screw there or else I will reach out to a DJI-authorized repair shop. Also, the other arm, w/ set screw, appears glued, too. Again, thank you!

Thanks, Friend. That's exactly what I needed to know. I will bring the aircraft into the hardware store tomorrow and see if I can fit a set screw there or else I will reach out to a DJI-authorized repair shop. Also, the other arm, w/ set screw, appears glued, too. Again, thank you!
In lieu of finding the set screw, LocTite® Threadlocker #242 should work. I swear by that stuff.

D

its a M3x2mm set screw stock. I replaced one with a M3x3mm.

Reactions: halifax
Thanks, Donnie. Just drip some into the hole?
No. Put a drop on the threads. Obviously, the more thread you cover, the stronger the hold. I wouldn't cover more than 25% the circumference of the threads. I honestly believe 1 drop should hold it.

D

Reactions: halifax

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84