Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sooo Just priced Up the DJI Inspire 2

I was being tongue in cheek..but now that youve mentioned it..the VT from Ikopta is actually in £ Sterling...so the cost of the equipment (and he was being conservative re the number of batteries he needs) is actually over $10,000 ...without a case and second controller...

I get the tongue in cheek part... OK... :)

But pounds and dollars are not the same value. And he should total all he needs up, including those batteries, on the I1 side. He might be surprised. The I2 batteries are more expensive per flight for sure, but redundant batteries have proven to be more valuable than redundant motors. While I've not heard of motor failure bringing down an I1 (It must have happened somewhere, though.), I have heard of batteries shutting off mid-flight and dropping the bird. I really like the dual batteries. That's the way I fly all my larger quads.

Reactions: Phatzo
Loved the video!! Thanks!

I came up with similar pricing. The Inspire 2 is just stupid expensive and over priced whether you are a professional or well off hobbyist. I think I'd go with the M600 and fly my ordered 5D Mark IV before buying an Inspire 2.

My Inspire Pro will do JUST fine until the M600 comes my way.

Thanks again for the video!!

I also wondered about the M600 pro ( dji released a pro version just some weeks ago) being the actual more stable drone being hex type and stronger. ... And who wants to fly 100km/h ?
Both are professional but M600 isn't so much more expensive with reasonable camera.

I also wondered about the M600 pro ( dji released a pro version just some weeks ago) being the actual more stable drone being hex type and stronger. ... And who wants to fly 100km/h ?
Both are professional but M600 isn't so much more expensive with reasonable camera.

I'm thinking the same thing. But if you want RAW you're stuck with the old X5R... which can turn in stellar results but also has that long conversion process. You also don't have the new 7km range or object avoidance. I sure wish they'd put Guidance on the M600! All that development work and it's just for the M100. The M600 is also quite a bit more expensive once you tack on the X5R, an extra set of batteries, more SSD's (because you can't dump in the field), and the hex charger.

I'm thinking the same thing. But if you want RAW you're stuck with the old X5R... which can turn in stellar results but also has that long conversion process. You also don't have the new 7km range or object avoidance. I sure wish they'd put Guidance on the M600! All that development work and it's just for the M100. The M600 is also quite a bit more expensive once you tack on the X5R, an extra set of batteries, more SSD's (because you can't dump in the field), and the hex charger.

The new cameras cannot do RAW?? What is this DNG then?
7km range or less in EU should be easily possible with the M600 using the standard RC with some boosted antennas and maybe bird side booster. A battery mod for the M600,is available and flight duration is way longer than I2. But the FPV camera on the I2 is a great feature...
I agree with you. There should be regular updates for the top model. Strange that a lower cost series like Phantom or even Mavic got some more advanced features. Dji doesn't want want to build the ultimate drone it seems.. They could equip the M600 with OAS, FPV camera and make it real long range (20km) for those who need it. There are countries you are even allowed to obtain such a licence and otherwise anyway people fly it seems. A market is there.

The new cameras cannot do RAW?? What is this DNG then?
Yes, the new camera (X5S) can do RAW. You just can't put them on an M600. You can only put an X5R on the M600 for RAW.

Your other points are right on. It is possible to easily put your own pilot cam on the M600. I even did that with my Inspire 1. But the way they've done it with a 2-axis gimbal on the Inspire 2 is very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob IBV
Base model not available yet. Got to question why you would go for the X4. So you are going to be spending big, which is ok, if you need the spec.

Do you need RAW?

It isn't just about whether you need raw capability. If you want any degree of control over the cinematography by way of being able to use a choice of lenses, then the X5S is also a must.

Reactions: Bob IBV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko