Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Spare Carbon Tubing

a smaller diameter fitting inside the original, strip motor from end area, unplug the main wires, unsolder the fine wire to gps leg end, then slide repair cf tube into broken stub and epoxy, slide broken end over new tube, epoxy in exact same position as original, in my case the break was now invisible, due to a clean break. It was such a good fit, so I epoxied permanently in place, re connected wires to motor assembly, re soldered gps aerial wire, several controlled test flights made, and a very successful result, costing approx £25, and my bird still works as normal today.

a smaller diameter fitting inside the original, strip motor from end area, unplug the main wires, unsolder the fine wire to gps leg end, then slide repair cf tube into broken stub and epoxy, slide broken end over new tube, epoxy in exact same position as original, in my case the break was now invisible, due to a clean break. It was such a good fit, so I epoxied permanently in place, re connected wires to motor assembly, re soldered gps aerial wire, several controlled test flights made, and a very successful result, costing approx £25, and my bird still works as normal today.
excellent, where were you able to find the perfect size tube? I had a similar problem with a broken arm and ended up using a plastic garden hose splicer. It works pretty good, but its not quite long/strong enough and allows the arm to flex slightly. I should really find something stronger and redo it but I didnt have any luck finding anything the perfect size.

by gps wire you mean the antenna in the foot? solder it back together if it broke or just solder the end back on? its not gps, but either for control or video signal, there are 2 for each with 1 per foot. its a shielded wire with two layers, how are you able to splice it back together if thats what you meant? thanks.

The fine gps wire was shielded, and I unsoldered at the Ariel end (inside the landing foot) all the other cables conveniently have push fit connectors
ah, so that wire didnt break on yours? it did on mine ;( its not a gps antenna though fyi, its video transmission or rc controller signal antenna, there is two for each video and 2 for control signals, 1 each in the front and back. I know this because mine broke and when i turn the craft at long distances and face the broken one towards me my video signal drops significantly. the gps is the the top of the main body.

This way works fine.. Carbon fiber, slice it up, put epoxy glue and fit the broken arm together. image.jpg

Yep..They work great. This is how i fixed an i1 that i bought with a broken arm. If anyone needs I have extra tubes already cut and ready to go. I did post them in the classified section. Just search my name for the post, or PM if one would be needed.

Yep..They work great. This is how i fixed an i1 that i bought with a broken arm. If anyone needs I have extra tubes already cut and ready to go. I did post them in the classified section. Just search my name for the post, or PM if one would be needed.
I assume the stiffener tube is 20mm OD size to fit snuggly inside? What is the gap for? And - of course - to perform such repair one must undo all wiring and move broken piece with motor/leg assembly away, correct me if I'm wrong. BTW I've successfully tested amazing 3M Scotch-Weld 2216 epoxy on similar carbon fiber tube jobs, and on many other. There's no better glue in our galaxy ...

I think its 20. The gap that is cut is for the wiring, and also to get the tube inside the inspire 1 factory tube. With the GAP you have to pinch the tube together and slide it into the i1 factory arms. No need with the cut gap to remove any wiring or motors. The gap that is cut in the tube allows you just to place the wiring into the replacement tube with out having to remove and unsolder certain parts of the inspire.

That is correct. No need to take apart the wireing and it makes it easier to fit in place. It is a 20 mm tube.

Probably 19.5mm actually, that's inside diameter of original tube, 22 mm outside diameter.

Hi Simon

I understand all spares are in short supply but a quick Google search brings up the following:

DJI Inspire 1 Spares | Heliguy.com

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-inspire-1-spare-parts-263-c.asp
I had an accident on the weekend. I broke the front left carbon fibre tube. I contacted heliguy and this was his reply:

"A replacement leg will cost £250, and it takes our tech team approximately 8 Hours (£50/h) to complete this.
I'm afraid a spare leg is the only part we can get from DJI, they don't sell the carbon arm tubes seperately."

Surly this can't be right, £650.GBP for this repair??????? Please help someone, I can't afford to pay this sort of price

thanks my friend ☺. I have spoken to Marionville models and their quote is £250 for the parts and £45 labour . £350 cheaper ☺. Thanks once again!!!

thanks my friend ☺. I have spoken to Marionville models and their quote is £250 for the parts and £45 labour . £350 cheaper ☺. Thanks once again!!!
Marionville Models seems to be desperately looking for business going on. There's absolutely no way to replace Inspire damaged arm in 1 hour! Unfortunately the complexity of arm assembly doesn't allow for replacement of broken tube only, and the procedure of repair takes hours even for skilled technician. This is the penalty for having fancy arms lifting mechanism and 360 deg. rotating camera ...

take a look at the video they release maybe not an hour possible two
look at the price it reflects two hours cost

take a look at the video they release maybe not an hour possible two
look at the price it reflects two hours cost
Indeed, their instructional video makes the Inspire motor boom replacement pretty straightforward. Without it, just the guess work will make you busy for weekend. Been there, did that ...

I had an accident on the weekend. I broke the front left carbon fibre tube. I contacted heliguy and this was his reply:

"A replacement leg will cost £250, and it takes our tech team approximately 8 Hours (£50/h) to complete this.
I'm afraid a spare leg is the only part we can get from DJI, they don't sell the carbon arm tubes seperately."

Surly this can't be right, £650.GBP for this repair??????? Please help someone, I can't afford to pay this sort of price
8 hours? pfft, I took mine apart and fixed it and put it back together in about 30 minutes

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin