Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Spotlight Pro Style Feature

Reaction score
Looking to see what information y'all have for me, I am a single operator and feel as if the spotlight pro feature that it looks like only the Inspire 2 and Mavic have would be an incredible benefit to me...is there anything like that I could use on my Inspire 1? I know that the Litachi software has something similar but I was wondering if there was something native in the DJI software?

Looking to see what information y'all have for me, I am a single operator and feel as if the spotlight pro feature that it looks like only the Inspire 2 and Mavic have would be an incredible benefit to me...is there anything like that I could use on my Inspire 1? I know that the Litachi software has something similar but I was wondering if there was something native in the DJI software?
Short answer - No.

Only option is a third party app.

Short and sweet, thanks!

Is there any work around within the DJI App?
Nope.

Although technically possible since it is simply algorithms that track a subject, DJI has elected not to enable the feature for the Inspire 1 within the Go App, nor do they have any plans to make the feature available in the future

Nope.

Although technically possible since it is simply algorithms that track a subject, DJI has elected not to enable the feature for the Inspire 1 within the Go App, nor do they have any plans to make the feature available in the future

Of course, why would DJI do anything to benefit the end user right? Ugh! I don't understand why they don't have 1 application with the same features for the Inspire Line, one for the Phantom line then one for the Mavic & Spark?

I have had great success with focus mode in the Autopilot app. You can set a gps coordinate that the camera will always point at (on google maps or using aircraft location) and set a height offset.

Using their airspace option, you can get the camera to track a phone, tablet or even another drone. Works very nicely and produces smooth footage. It doesn't seem to work so well with longer lenses though. It doesn't keep up.

I have had great success with focus mode in the Autopilot app. You can set a gps coordinate that the camera will always point at (on google maps or using aircraft location) and set a height offset.

Using their airspace option, you can get the camera to track a phone, tablet or even another drone. Works very nicely and produces smooth footage. It doesn't seem to work so well with longer lenses though. It doesn't keep up.

Agree AP focus mode it doesn't work well with 25mm or greater lenses unless the radius is very large. I wonder if they can figure something out to fix

Have you tried Litchi? It has much more features than simple GO 3. Not sure however...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo