Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Status Light gives repeating 2 long red flashes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today for the first I experienced two solid red status light flashes before take off and also during flight. The two long red flashes were followed by several normal green lights. According to the Manual solid red means Critical Error. Red flashing means IMU Error. But this was neither.
There were two about 5sec long red flashes every maybe 10 seconds in between the normal green flashing lights. No warnings in GO4 at all. Everything was otherwise normal. Batteries fully charged. The Inspire flew normally in Atti and P it just kept giving these 2 red long flashes maby every 10 seconds in between the normal green ones. Anyone else seen this? Any idea what is causing it and what is the Inspire trying to tell me? When I powered the I2 on after returning home from flying, everything was back to normal. No red light just the normal green, Inspire2 sitting on a bench in my home.

Last edited:
I have had this same flashing pattern intermittently, but the bird flew normally. This I2 seemed to have problems communicating with the X4s camera on startup, taking anywhere between 15 seconds and 15 minutes to recognize there was a camera attached. I don’t know if you are experiencing this with your I2? I sometimes wondered if it was some kind of airspace warning. I could never find any explanation of this pattern (seven short greens, two long reds, repeatedly), anywhere on the web.
That I2 no longer exists in a usable form, and its replacement has never exhibited this pattern. The x4s on it survived the crash, and has had no connection issues with the new I2, so the problem was not in the camera.

I have had this same flashing pattern intermittently, but the bird flew normally. This I2 seemed to have problems communicating with the X4s camera on startup, taking anywhere between 15 seconds and 15 minutes to recognize there was a camera attached. I don’t know if you are experiencing this with your I2? I sometimes wondered if it was some kind of airspace warning. I could never find any explanation of this pattern (seven short greens, two long reds, repeatedly), anywhere on the web.
That I2 no longer exists in a usable form, and its replacement has never exhibited this pattern. The x4s on it survived the crash, and has had no connection issues with the new I2, so the problem was not in the camera.
Thanks for your reply. My I2 has no problem recognizing X4S camera. It boots up quickly and is ready to go in a about 10 seconds. As you alluded to it might have something to do with some sort of no fly zone warning. When it happened yesterday I was flying under approach path to a controlled airport. But the sector on the map was the furthest, widest and least highlighted. I was about 8km from the airtport and GO4 did not give any warning message. I will return there today and perform a test flight to see if I will be able to replicate it.

Thanks for your reply. My I2 has no problem recognizing X4S camera. It boots up quickly and is ready to go in a about 10 seconds. As you alluded to it might have something to do with some sort of no fly zone warning. When it happened yesterday I was flying under approach path to a controlled airport. But the sector on the map was the furthest, widest and least highlighted. I was about 8km from the airtport and GO4 did not give any warning message. I will return there today and perform a test flight to see if I will be able to replicate it.
Mystery solved! I tested this today by walking with the powered up drone near the boundary of the restricted zone according to the map. Right on the edge the Status Light started to emit these two red flashes followed by 6 greens. A few walking steps out of the zone and the patern returned back to green lights only. I repeated this several times and I managed to replicate this every single time. The conclusion: The repeating two long red flashes followed by 6 green is indication that the drone is in enhanced restricted no fly zone, or whatever it is called. GO4 did not give any warning though as the area obviously did not require any authorization or unlocking.
I wished this was mentioned in the I2 Manual. Not sure when this started to be part of the Status Light indication.

Reactions: jonathan Atkin
MMarian that's really interesting and good to know! One quick note - be cautious about operating in these boundary areas. I flew a job that was right on the 2 mile border from a nearby airport, where half of the property was in LAANC-automated airspace, and half was in airspace that needed manual approval. Day 1, after I'd gotten authorization for both airspaces, I had no issues, but on day 2, having gotten the same authorizations, and similarly unlocked the area in DJI Go 4, the app flashed a restricted airspace warning and flew itself 40' away from the more restricted airspace - right at the multimillion dollar house we were photographing! Thankfully, my height was such that there was no collision, but we had models and a full crew on site and it freaked me out. The lesson for me was to be ready for that possibility by surveying the area and, as much as possible, trying to limit activities to situations and heights where, if that does happen, it's not going to result in a collision.

Today for the first I experienced two solid red status light flashes before take off and also during flight. The two long red flashes were followed by several normal green lights. According to the Manual solid red means Critical Error. Red flashing means IMU Error. But this was neither.
There were two about 5sec long red flashes every maybe 10 seconds in between the normal green flashing lights. No warnings in GO4 at all. Everything was otherwise normal. Batteries fully charged. The Inspire flew normally in Atti and P it just kept giving these 2 red long flashes maby every 10 seconds in between the normal green ones. Anyone else seen this? Any idea what is causing it and what is the Inspire trying to tell me? When I powered the I2 on after returning home from flying, everything was back to normal. No red light just the normal green, Inspire2 sitting on a bench in my home.
Covered previously...

And

Covered previously...

And

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members