Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stick calibration

Reaction score
I tried calibrating the sticks after upgrading the firmware (apparently good practice to calibrate IMU, Compass and Sticks). When I get to the screen it prompts me to move the sticks to 100% in all directions, returning to centre after each. And that's where it ends. The 'finish' button stays greyed out and after moving the sticks around for 10 minutes, I figured it wasn't working so restarted the remote. Does the aircraft need to be turned on for it to do the stick calibration or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

did you roll the gimbal control? you need to do that in order for it to finish

I tried calibrating the sticks after upgrading the firmware (apparently good practice to calibrate IMU, Compass and Sticks). When I get to the screen it prompts me to move the sticks to 100% in all directions, returning to centre after each. And that's where it ends. The 'finish' button stays greyed out and after moving the sticks around for 10 minutes, I figured it wasn't working so restarted the remote. Does the aircraft need to be turned on for it to do the stick calibration or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
No - the aircraft must NOT be turned on in order to do a stick calibration. (In fact, the app will tell you to turn off the Inspire).
You must move the gimbal wheel to the extremes of travel in both directions as well as the sticks on all axis.
You should see your input values go from 0 to 100 as you do this.
If any input does not reach 100 the calibration will fail.

Thanks for the tips. That's what I thought about the aircraft being off but wanted to confirm. I'll try again tonight with a clearer head and more sleep... the perils of trying to do this with a 1 year old and 3 year old sleeping in the next room. (the beeping woke up the 3 year old at midnight and she got all excited thinking we were about to fly 'Daddy's airplane').

So yes, tried it tonight and it was the gimbal wheel. Last night I had kept trying to rotate it but the corresponding blue line on the screen wasn't moving so assumed it was irrelevant. Figured out that need to roll the wheel, or move the sticks, in the opposite extreme when that happens. Essentially back and forth twice on each control does the trick. All sorted and ready to fly on the weekend.
Thanks!

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG