Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strong radio frequency interference...

I get this message anywhere near downtown Columbus, Ohio...again...no problems prior to this. I'm not flying over traffic or people...being safe...huge area.

Thanks....this is pretty much the conclusion I've made as well. This message is disconcerting, nonetheless.
I have the same message. In the "Radio Channel Quality" show the value "Poor". Also show the message "Strong interference .... ". Its after upgraded the firmware to last version 1.06.04. Before the upgrade all is OK.
I have thinking that upgrade got this error.

I have the same message. In the "Radio Channel Quality" show the value "Poor". Also show the message "Strong interference .... ". Its after upgraded the firmware to last version 1.06.04. Before the upgrade all is OK.

This has never been resolved to my satisfaction. Multiple inquiries and people giving me their input. I think it is the result of newer firmware versions...the system is now more sensitive to wi-fi or whatever.

The bottom line...for me...I have cautiously ignored this warning and have flown/shot without any mishap. I tell myself that if I lose connection, the craft will return home. I have not been flying too far away...maybe 2,000 feet plus...always in line of sight.

It is frustrating to get these messages...but that's what I've been doing. Here is a link to an area I've been documenting where I get these messages...downtown Columbus, Ohio. But no problems thus far.

I am in no way an expert on any of this...just letting you know how I'm dealing with this message.

Reactions: SultanGris
I have also been receiving this warning when I test inside my apartment -- I received the I1 Pro on 1/6/16 and updated the firmware right at the beginning so I don't know if older firmware was any different.

Brian

Same here. Radio Interference warnings constantly happening after FW 1.06

I have also been receiving this warning when I test inside my apartment -- I received the I1 Pro on 1/6/16 and updated the firmware right at the beginning so I don't know if older firmware was any different.

Brian

I get this message all the time in my office...has to be wi-fi. I just think newer firmware has been made more "sensitive" to all of this. I did not receive these messages on older firmware flying in the exact same locations around the city that I am now getting these messages.

It freaked my out at first...obviously, I want to me as safe as possible and not crash, etc...but to me, this is an annoyance I can deal with.

Again, I'm not flying over 400' and not trying to be a big macho fool like some of the idiots I've seen with the Inspire sending their craft out for miles in attempt to impress or whatever. Keep it in line of sight as we are supposed to do.

I have asked DJI through their chat line, but just get jibberish read from a script that pretty much had nothing to do with my inquiry.

Thank goodness for this forum.

I pretty much expect the warnings indoors or near places with wifi repeaters or electrical stuff.
I'm now getting the warnings outdoors and a good distance away from any of these. The warnings are related to Radio Channel Interference. Not necessarily only the Video Downlink.
I think DJI has narrowed the spectrum of frequencies that the inspire will utilize for control of the craft. I'ts the same thing they did when they removed the capability for the inspire to select from 32 different channels to find the best signal for the Video Downlink. I think they restricted it down to 12 channels. Most likely due to FCC regulations or pressure. At least there is a 32 channel video hack file available to re enable it :) (Google it if you want to do it)

Or use the simple one built into the RC & apps. Are channels 1-20 red and spiking with traffic?

Can you post a screen shot of that from your takeoff point?
Hi, Demon
Let me know that How can I sove radio channel quality Poor & Strong interference problem. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide