Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sun shade for iPad

I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention. And I don't have it in for this product. I simply found that it didn't work well for me. As a member of this forum I figure we all have an interest in a clear analysis of the products we might consider, and your review was an excellent addition.

As the manufacturer has mentioned, their product was designed for something else, and we are adapting it for our use. They say they have a follow on product planned that will be better for us and I am sure it will.

I regret it if I have left anyone with the impression that I think it is a bad product. It isn't. It is well made, and well suited to the purpose it was intended.

We agree on the nano tabs. I am glad the velcro is working for you. My velcro fell off on a warm day when the iPad was hot too. Currently I am using 2 PadHats but I have pop riveted them to these to hold them in position.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-glare-...515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541f69838b

I do seem to find the positioning of the Hood-Tablet-Antenna more problematic than you, but I simply remove them if I am going to fly beyond the immediate area, also having the tablet down on the antenna may not be an issue. I just try and do it like the book says to do it.

Anyway, I am sorry if you felt I was using your post unfairly.

Hi

I just checked the website to buy a Padhat Hybrid for a test on the Nexus 9, but they added 50% for sending it to the Netherlands. I know that's the cost-price but it's too much for me. If the hood wouldn't fit as we assume I'll have to return it for another $ 15,- and I would be left with nothing and have spend $ 30,- which is the price of the hood.

Anyway thanks for checking out if it would fit on the Nexus 9.

Best Regards
Rob

Reactions: HoodiVision
Hi

I just checked the website to buy a Padhat Hybrid for a test on the Nexus 9, but they added 50% for sending it to the Netherlands. I know that's the cost-price but it's too much for me. If the hood wouldn't fit as we assume I'll have to return it for another $ 15,- and I would be left with nothing and have spend $ 30,- which is the price of the hood.

Anyway thanks for checking out if it would fit on the Nexus 9.

Best Regards
Rob
Understood about the shipping costs to Europe.
Please contact [email protected] to discuss a possible solution.

I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention. And I don't have it in for this product. I simply found that it didn't work well for me. As a member of this forum I figure we all have an interest in a clear analysis of the products we might consider, and your review was an excellent addition.

As the manufacturer has mentioned, their product was designed for something else, and we are adapting it for our use. They say they have a follow on product planned that will be better for us and I am sure it will.

I regret it if I have left anyone with the impression that I think it is a bad product. It isn't. It is well made, and well suited to the purpose it was intended.

We agree on the nano tabs. I am glad the velcro is working for you. My velcro fell off on a warm day when the iPad was hot too. Currently I am using 2 PadHats but I have pop riveted them to these to hold them in position.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-glare-...515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541f69838b

I do seem to find the positioning of the Hood-Tablet-Antenna more problematic than you, but I simply remove them if I am going to fly beyond the immediate area, also having the tablet down on the antenna may not be an issue. I just try and do it like the book says to do it.

Anyway, I am sorry if you felt I was using your post unfairly.
We are glad you responded to the commenter and clarified your position.

It would help us to know which velcro pieces, hook or loop, you attached to the iPad and whether they were on the surface or side back of the iPad. The hook pieces should be attached to the iPad and not the loop pieces as they are not as rigid and can buckle.

This is how we find out pilots' experiences so we can research, test and address their specific needs. Many contact us directly by email and give us constructive and useful feedback. Sometimes we send them upgraded versions to test for us.

If you would be interested in a constructive dialogue about current and future products please contact [email protected] We would really like to understand your attachment issue as described above as it helps all pilots.

Also as previously explained, we now ship all new PadHats with loop velcro wing tab tops and super thin strong adhesive hook pieces to attach to the iPad or case.

We have had no reports of the hook tabs attached to the side rear coming off in the heat or otherwise.

We will send a free loop wing tab conversion packet to previous PadHat customers.

I'm pretty sure it was the fuzzy part on the iPad. Those clips that I got on eBay are working for now, and I've got a DIY idea that I think is going to work out for me in conjunction with a new antenna from FPVLR. So no thanks on the velcro. But thank you for the offer.

Reactions: HoodiVision
I'm pretty sure it was the fuzzy part on the iPad. Those clips that I got on eBay are working for now, and I've got a DIY idea that I think is going to work out for me in conjunction with a new antenna from FPVLR. So no thanks on the velcro. But thank you for the offer.
OK Thanks for letting us know. Your clip-on work around is interesting.

Does anybody have any experience using on the Nexus 9. I fly in the Middle East where the sun is a very real problem (amongst many others) and so far I havn't found any sun shade that does the trick. I'm flying and P3 Advanced.
Thanks

I made one myself. Wood, glue, paint. Have looked for a shade everywhere for the Nexus 9, but not available anywhere.
Hoodivion has a hybrid sun shade that might do the job. I bought one, but it never arrived (Netherlands), so I haven't been able to test. (Hoodivision paid me back the money, which was good service, since USPS said it was delivered)

Hello. I wanted to know how you get the material from the top of the Padhat into the iPad holder? The inspire 1 RC is very snug (a good thing) and I can't see there being room. I only have 1 click of room to wiggle the iPad air into the holder. Thank you!

Hello. I wanted to know how you get the material from the top of the Padhat into the iPad holder? The inspire 1 RC is very snug (a good thing) and I can't see there being room. I only have 1 click of room to wiggle the iPad air into the holder. Thank you!
Hi Andrew. We replied to your question with instructions on Facebook and yes it does work.

These quite are good and cheap - just for the iPad Mini! I got both colour and work great ... see HERE

Attachments

• DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue