Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Guys,

Since Chnjab and myself opened this can of worms it appears that this topic is getting a lot of attention. Deservingly so.
May I remind you that more power is more power any way you look at it even though DJI says it is harnessed and made equal in the software.
If so , what if in the future a firmware update turns up this extra power the 1510 has and leaves the 1410 customers behind? Especially when a few more months go by and this is swept under the rug by DJI. Time is on their side.

Note also that this is really not about power differences, it is about principle.

DJI is wrong here any way you look at it. DJI has not made good on their promise to replace my bird and they have effectively cut all communication with me. I pressed them into a corner, discussed their own spec sheets with them and they just decided it was easier for them to hang the phone up, stop our emails, etc.
Atlanta Hobby, where I bought my bird has been caught in the middle here too. I haven't heard from Cliff, the owner of Atlanta Hobby, lately to assist any further. He is very aware of what is going on here.
Sometimes you have to think out of the box. Well, thanks to my friend Ralph at FlyHighUSA, he is working with me to remedy the problem as DJI just quit and Atlanta Hobby just got caught in the middle like a lot of dealers did with their customers.

Ralph is selling me a new T601 with the 1510 bird transmitter and GL658C remote and he is offering my T600 incomplete I1v2 for sale. Now that is what I call customer service. DJI should be ashamed of how they have handled this. Donald Trump is right, "China Is Screwing Us"
I wish Atlanta Hobby well as in the past they have really been spot on when I need tech support etc. Cliff has a good bunch of guys there.

Ok guys, If you need a reputable dealer to deal with call Ralph Rigdon at FlyHighUSA.com as Ralph provides answers for problems and really wants to help in any way.
Good Luck and Fly Safe

Reactions: curso88
This sounds exactly like people getting all bent out of shape over the mid-cycle change to the P3P/A motors. People who got the old motors freaked out and demanded the new ones. Meanwhile, no one could provide any evidence that they were any better or there was some material defect in the original ones.

I am all for calling out DJI on their product mismanagement. But I am just not sure this is the situation here. If someone wants to share real world differences not just theoretical, I would be very glad to know.

I have two model B and two model C TX and both my birds are 1410. I haven't seen any differences between the B and the C TX. Granted most of my work is within a 1/4 mile and usually closer.

The only issue I have seen is the video downlink range gets really poor when working in dual operator mode. I think that issue existed prior to these changes and is it's own defect.

Reactions: Mad_angler1
This sounds exactly like people getting all bent out of shape over the mid-cycle change to the P3P/A motors. People who got the old motors freaked out and demanded the new ones. Meanwhile, no one could provide any evidence that they were any better or there was some material defect in the original ones.

I am all for calling out DJI on their product mismanagement. But I am just not sure this is the situation here. If someone wants to share real world differences not just theoretical, I would be very glad to know.

I have two model B and two model C TX and both my birds are 1410. I haven't seen any differences between the B and the C TX. Granted most of my work is within a 1/4 mile and usually closer.

The only issue I have seen is the video downlink range gets really poor when working in dual operator mode. I think that issue existed prior to these changes and is it's own defect.

Your not wrong Ian.

Do you think a higher powered transmitter, like say the one in a 1510 that is 3 times as powerful as a 1410, might help that?

I readily admit I find no real time evidence indicating a 1510 performs better than a 1410 due to the higher powered transmitter. But, there is also no evidence showing it doesn't. Has anyone A/B'ed both models and have legitimate proof there is no difference? Can anyone offer that up? What we know as fact is a 1510 has a higher powered transmitter and that isn't debatable.

After speaking with my retailers return manager and sharing several emails after my 2nd delivery of a 1410 he stated quite a few had been returned. Ironically more of their returns were due to packaging deficiencies. I got a huge surprise when I received my 2nd 1410 because it included a number of USB cables that my first delivery didnt. My retailer also acknowledged my concern about the conflicting and different labeling on the cases, black bands and outside shipping boxes from their returns. They have, what he said was, "a bunch" with inconsistent labeling and packaging.

My verified 1510 is on its way but I just couldnt accept a 1410 as a V2 since DJI never certified a 1410 as a V2 with the FCC. There are only 2 FCC filings for an Inspire. The V1 is 1410 T-600 and the V2 is 1510 T-601. That is the bottom line for me.

This is not ham radio. More power does not necessarily mean more range. Unless you are an RF engineer and you have studied the circuits and the stages, you don't really know what is happening.

You dont have to be an RF engineer to know that transmitter power impacts connectivity of communication. That is a basic principle in RF transmission. Range may or may not be impacted and quite frankly I couldn't care less about range.

Ianwood,
Perhaps you should do some investigating yourself instead of just running your mouth. It seems that you have brought absolutely nothing of fact to this topic as myself and Chnjab have provided facts for you guys to discuss. Yes, we have provided our opinion based on facts from DJI themselves. More power is more power anyway you look at it. It may or may not create more range because of the firmware controlling it however wait until the firmware unleashes the extra power later on, in which I was told by DJI they will soon. You see, they screw the 1510 guys now until this becomes an old issue for the 1410 guys and then they screw the 1410 guys for good when they release the power in the firmware update. Simple as that.
I'm sorry some of you are stuck with the incomplete I1V2 T600,1410. Do something about it as I have and get the real I1v2,T601 1510. Don't let DJI get over on you, have some balls.

Ianwood,
Perhaps you should do some investigating yourself instead of just running your mouth. It seems that you have brought absolutely nothing of fact to this topic as myself and Chnjab have provided facts for you guys to discuss. Yes, we have provided our opinion based on facts from DJI themselves. More power is more power anyway you look at it. It may or may not create more range because of the firmware controlling it however wait until the firmware unleashes the extra power later on, in which I was told by DJI they will soon. You see, they screw the 1510 guys now until this becomes an old issue for the 1410 guys and then they screw the 1410 guys for good when they release the power in the firmware update. Simple as that.
I'm sorry some of you are stuck with the incomplete I1V2 T600,1410. Do something about it as I have and get the real I1v2,T601 1510. Don't let DJI get over on you, have some balls.

The only fact you have provided is the 1510 has more power

Please provide facts around the below

please explain the P3 increase in range spec aligned with the inspire as well however with a reduced power output over the passed year.

Also please provide the proof DJI took completed units of v1 spec and modified them models to V2 spec as is being stated

please explain why UK and EU customers continue to receive Inspire 1 V2 and Pro models even from DJI with the FCC 1410.

This is a change in production for certain areas, it's not a conspiracy to defraud or do people out of something, changes in production happen all the time.

All this talk of genuine V2 or modified is crazy, if it says V2 then it's a V2 end off, it is not incomplete, the radio is just different based on production and market territory.

Cars come off the production line with changes not in the spec all the time, By your Argument the original P3 is incomplete as it does not have the new motors and higher power output.

Fine, go get your own data and do your own investigation. We are talking about the transmitter in the bird not the remote. I would advise you to purchase a wi-pry-pro ($300) at osmium.com and see for yourself what your 1410 is transmitting back to the remote as compared to the 1510, surprise!

Believe what you want. I know what I have found to be true and am very happy with the real I1V2, T601,1510 as opposed to the less powerful I1, T600,1410 that they only upgraded the motors and gimble plate and called it a I1V2..

By the way DJI is still sending out 1410's to Europe because they are using up their stock of 1410 transmitters. .They have started shipping only 1510' s to the USA as of January primarily due to this situation being uncovered. DJI is hearing from a lot of customers and dealers about this and many birds are being returned/exchanged. I will not provide anymore info on this matter for you to scrutinize. Defend DJI all you want and be stupid.

Last edited:
You dont have to be an RF engineer to know that transmitter power impacts connectivity of communication.

That all depends on to what and how that power is connected. So yes, you actually do need to have an understanding of RF principles in high bandwidth OFDM systems to know what's what.

Ianwood,
Perhaps you should do some investigating yourself instead of just running your mouth. It seems that you have brought absolutely nothing of fact to this topic as myself and Chnjab have provided facts for you guys to discuss.

The only evidence I've seen is that the power level has changed which by itself is interesting but inconclusive. As someone with a mix of old and newer systems, i would like to see some hard evidence before jumping to conclusions. You can call that running at the mouth if you choose.

If you only knew, you would eat those words. I have big issues with X5 flicker and GEO and I'm not exactly quiet about it. If I saw an actual RF problem myself or someone could demonstrate the real world impact of this difference and that the new version is actually a fix for a defect in the original, I would take issue.

Call Ralph at FlyHighUSA.com too see if he could help with the X5 flicker and GEO.

@Air Miles

i get mine in a few days, i will report what DJI shipped. Other reports from German customers say that they got a T601 but i'm not sure about the remote right now.

Chris

Hello

I from Europe.

In my country have the same issue with the Inspire 1 V2.0
I have researched this problem. I contacted the major European importers and distribution centers to DJI stores. I have a contact with DJI distribución center in Spain that distributes all products to Spain DJI shops. The major companies that import and sell DJI products sign confidentiality contracts with DJI with confidential informations.
I have spoken today with this contact and has confessed that DJI engineer told to this company that the new Inspire V2.0 has a new main board with the new Lightbridge 2 technology implemented for use in future updates.

Is very important the previous post of Air Miles.

Seems to be, that DJI has manufactured and sold many Inspire 1 V2.0 and Pro using refurbished parts from the closed old Inspire 1 production line and this "fake" Inspire 1 V2.0 crafts not have upgraded the main board with the new transmitter based in the new Ligthbridge 2 technology.

If you buyed and payed for a Inspire V2.0, you you are entitled to have the product that you paid. I believe that DJI has acted improperly and not offer any solution to this problem.

I know many people affected by this case, they are claiming a replacement to DJI or the seller, but DJI employees offer absurd explanations, inconsistent excuses and contradictions. finally DJI support stops answering or comunications by email with the afected customers.

Last edited:
You dont have to be an RF engineer to know that transmitter power impacts connectivity of communication.

That all depends on to what and how that power is connected. So yes, you actually do need to have an understanding of RF principles in high bandwidth OFDM systems to know what's what.

I'm not trying to be an azz but as a long time electrical hobbyist I can certainly offer up something far less ambiguous than "depends on" or "whats what" when it comes to waveform, amplitude, attenuation, etc if we are discussing basic electrical measurements on an oscilloscope. What does it depend on? What does "whats what" mean? Do you have data, measurements, readings or anything to put that into perspective?

I wish I knew more about OFDM and wish someone could offer up some data about why a lower powered T-600 transmitter offers the same performance as a higher powered T-601 transmitter. In my "wired" world it makes no sense. Regardless of the debates in this topic only 2 facts are not debatable.

1) The 601 has a higher powered transmitter
2) The FCC certified two versions of the Inspire. V1 is a T-600 and V2 is a T-601.

In the not too distant future the entire debate over T-600 vs T-601 might be nothing, or might be something. Knowing how quickly things have evolved in this hobby, and with DJI, it wont take long to find out. I'm seeing a big "I told you so" from one side or the other.

1) The 601 has a higher powered transmitter
2) The FCC certified two versions of the Inspire. V1 is a T-600 and V2 is a T-601.

I certainly don't dispute these facts. A structured test could reveal any differences in performance. But without it, we can only guess as to the practical difference.

I certainly don't dispute these facts. A structured test could reveal any differences in performance. But without it, we can only guess as to the practical difference.
I bought a Inspire 1 pro in december and believed it was a V2 but no its a T600 the Dual Tx's are the latest ones "C"
I find using the dual controllers after 300 to 400m I lose picture and gimbal control, !!
I am another victim of DJI I'm afraid.
I have informed my supplier and await a response.

Hello

Seems to be, that DJI has manufactured and sold many Inspire 1 V2.0 and Pro using refurbished parts from the closed old Inspire 1 production line and this "fake" Inspire 1 V2.0 crafts not have upgraded the main board with the new transmitter based in the new Ligthbridge 2 technology.

If you buyed and payed for a Inspire V2.0, you you are entitled to have the product that you paid. I believe that DJI has acted improperly and not offer any solution to this problem.

I know many people affected by this case, they are claiming a replacement to DJI or the seller, but DJI employees offer absurd explanations, inconsistent excuses and contradictions. finally DJI support stops answering or comunications by email with the afected customers.

Well i don't know the laws in Spain but i think that you don't have something in your hands against the practice from DJI. If you check the DJI shop you don't find a product in the inspire product range that is listed as a T601.

Tech specs from the shop:

Inspire 1 V2.0 New Year Kit, Model T600
Inspire 1 Pro New Year Kit, Model T600
Inspire 1 V2.0, Model T600
Inspire 1 Pro, no detailed model information
Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition, Model T600

So, if you buy a PRO and expect to get a T601 but DJI is shipping a T600 to you, this should be perfectly legal but stupid from DJI anyway, sooner or later the customer becomes aware of it and maybe never be seen again.

If this is a comon practice by DJI it is stupid and short sighted. They should sell the "old" hardware as a special deal, new customers get lured or existing ones extend their fleet.

I'm curious what i will get tomorrow. Sh*t.

Chris

It makes no difference in the EU your still limited to 20dbi And this LB2 talk, come on. The LB system is the same.

Iv heard that all the original I1 units are really using refurbished Naza V2 FC and that the motors were taken from old 16x cd Rom drives.

DJI is is clearly evil

What is important here is that the T601,1510 is the incorporation of the new lightbridge 2 technology on the new main board of the 1510 transmitter that will be used for future updates.
If you have the T600,1410 you may be limited in future updates or new applications.
Thanks Curso88 for this information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide