Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Taking your Drone to Belize

Reaction score
Has anyone recently taken their inspire 1 or any other drone to Belize. I have seen mixed information on the web and much of it 2015 or older. Any recent info from anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Has anyone recently taken their inspire 1 or any other drone to Belize. I have seen mixed information on the web and much of it 2015 or older. Any recent info from anyone?

Last I heard you will need to apply for a 'Licence/Permit' before you travel or your UAV can be held at customs pending application approval.
The Public Utilities Commision are responsible for licensing since RPAS are radio controlled devices which must be cleared with customs before entry.

I too heard that, but also saw posts where no one in country knew how to get the permit, permits were only for residents, and worst of all that quads were seized by customs and not released. Want to know if anyone has done it recently and what the issues were and how they did it without losing their quad?

I too heard that, but also saw posts where no one in country knew how to get the permit, permits were only for residents, and worst of all that quads were seized by customs and not released. Want to know if anyone has done it recently and what the issues were and how they did it without losing their quad?

Why not just give them a call/email?
Public Utilities Commission - Home

Have. Can't get the same answer from anyone there. And after seeing posts about folks loosing their drones completely to customs at the Belize airport, I am trying to get first hand experience from folks who have taken their bird with them when visiting.

I just returned today, called Belizian Embassy in Houston before I left and got no where. So I took my P4P, it was taken at customs and locked up, receipt given. Was informed to go to Civil Aviation about 10 min walk away, and for $15 US I could get a temp permit. Went and was told no it would have to remain with customs and I could pick up on way back out of country, only for pre-arranged commercial deals can you get one in.

The person I bought my first inspire off of goes there every year. His inspire was held when he got off the plane. They told him only way was for pre approved commercial use. Reason being was because a few years back a drone caused an airplane to crash from the collision of the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08